+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is this bad?

is this bad?

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I have been dating my boyfriend for almost 2 years. He lives an hour and a half away from me and we only see each other on the weekends. He drives 100 miles here and 100 miles back home every weekend. Sometimes my boyfriend will ignore me..not for a long time but for a few hours. His friend also talks to me and sometimes he'll tell me he's talking to joe when i have been texting him and have gotten no reply. He will talk to me but hours later. he will also sometimes ignore me when he's playing his games and then later call me back when he's done. He can play his games and do whatever he wants but he doesn;t let me know.. he will just not talk to me and then later tell me that he was playing games. is this normal? or is he getting bored? I know sometimes i like my space and dont always feel like talking to him but i'll tell him ill call him back or ill reply to his texts and let him know im watching a movie or doing something and ill talk to him when i am done.
    I feel like he is just getting bored of me but doesn't want to tell me. i've told him how i feel and he tells me he's not bored of me and if he was he wouldent be driving so far to see me. am i over reacting over this?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, you are overreacting. There is no rule that someone must drop what they are doing and immediately respond to your messages. Nagging him about this will certainly annoy him.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

you are right. thanks!

ftm is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I agree with Vashti on this. It's hard to know for sure from the details you provide. I mean, it could go two ways: You might be totally smothering him, from what you describe. Or, he might be inattentive. But if he drives 100 miles every weekend to see you, I would guess you are over-reacting and need to adjust your expectations. And you should be happy that he has interests aside from you. Trust me, if he didn't, it would get boring pretty fast.

I am in a distance relationship myself, and from what you are saying he is not bored of you. Anyone willing to spent the amount of time needed to travel 100 miles each way just to see you is crazy about you. If he did not like you he could just as easily find someone else closer to him; which is certainty not the case. I had some of the same problems when I started my relationship, worrying whenever my girlfriend did not get back to me immediately. In order to make your relationship work you are going to have to give each other time to do your own things. I suggest you find some way to pursue your own interests whether it be hanging out with friends, joining a workout class, finding a new hobby, etc. When you too are with each other make the best of the time you have. I wish you the best of luck with the relationship, but it sounds like everything is ok and you are just overreacting a little.