+ Follow This Topic

Thread: When she mentions her ex-boyfriend....

When she mentions her ex-boyfriend....

Hi Ladies,
    your opinion much appreciated...

So, I met very nice girl in a dance party last week, we exchanged numbers then and finally met for a lunch today...
    Not a date or anything....just cause apparently we work close to each other...
    We were glad to see each other, the conversation was very easy going, we laughed a lot...atmosphere was good...
    At the end of the conversation, somehow, she mentioned her x-boyfriend.....
    I do understand what it means when a girl will mention her bf - most likely it is her way to say she is not interested and/or she unavailable...But, does it mean something when she mentions her x-bf ? May I interpreter it as she is available and would like to see me again or may be she just have unresolved issues with him...or may be it doesn't mean anything ?

Thanks in advance...

I suppose it really depends on what she said about her x boyfriend and how she said it. She could have said it to make you aware she is availble but wants more time before she goes into another relationship. She could have said it because she is having a hard time getting over her x. Her x could be having a hard time moving on. Many Number of things really. I think the best way to move forward is to have another casual meeting like today. She may want to get to know your more. Friendship is always a great starting place to any relationship.

Just to be clear - she mentioned her x in the context why she lives in the area she currently lives...she moved there cause of her x-bf....
    But in any case, I know there is always a way to avoid mentioning X (or any other unrelated personal information) to some "stranger"...or even potential date...
    I know - I never mention my x-gfs, even after some period into new relationship...unless she really starts nagging me about it.... but even though I try avoid this subject, cause I know most likely she may be hurt....
    So my point is, imho, unless she wanted to make some point, mentioning her x (in any context) is lack of tact, isn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by TomerT View Post
    Not a date or anything....just cause apparently we work close to each other...
    I'm guessing she said this about it not being a date.

She was being honest with you about how she came to live in that area. she moved there because of her x sounds like a serious relationship she had with him. She may not be ready to move on yet. I would say she enjoyed your company and found it very easy to talk to you. She maybe regretting mentioning her x but because you 2 had a good bond conversation flowed very easily.

She's let you know she is 'single' IMO. I've done the same.

If she has unresolved baggage, she will bring him up more and if you date her again.

Then you can choose whether to get further involved with a woman who has ex baggage.

If you are wise, you won't.

You are reading into this way too much. She just giving you a little background about herself.....stop setting yourself up for failure before you even actually ask her out on a date.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She said it in passing! No big deal! And X IS going to come up eventually, especially when you start asking questions about history and the why's and the who's.

since she just said it mentioning why she lives in the area, I wouldn't take it as a big deal. It's not like she started reminiscing about him or said she still missed him or anything. and who knows, it could have been an ex from a really long time ago and she could be completely over it, I wouldn't worry!

Sounds like she moved to get away from her ex? Or maybe she moved here to be with him before they broke up?

IDK. Take it one date at a time, and play the waiting game.