+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She dumped me but says she still loves me.

She dumped me but says she still loves me.

A week ago my girlfriend ended our relationship of just over one year. Although we had only been going out a year I felt we were incredibly deep in love. I still do love her and i'm finding it extremely hard to move on. I went through the stage of txting her constantly and ringing her for about two days. I pleaded that she gave me one more chance but she told me she had said all she had to say. I tried speaking to her friends and they told me I had to stop ringing her and txting her. I told her how much she is killing me and that I need just one more chance.

Just a week earlier we we're together, happy and saying the most wonderful things. The relationship was long distance (over 100 miles) and we only saw each other every two or three weeks. We talked everyday over msn, txt or telephone. We were so deeply in love and yet she said although she still loves me, she cant be with me. She said I had changed, i was different. We all change but how do you say such amazing things to your partner one week and then turn their world upside down in a matter of two days (triggered by a silly litte row). I have looked into how to make a relationship stronger now (regardless of how strong it was) and things I can do to improve it if she'll let me.

I'm struggling so much and i feel there must be a chance. I know how much she still loves me and friends have said to give her space. She's visiting a loved one who is poorly this weekend so i'm giving her space.

She txt me yesterday morning. I had to delete her from facebook because in my spare time in between working i was just staring at her page and getting upset. I explained that in an email to her. I said I couldn't bear the pain. in her txt she said "why are you making this so hard baby". (She has no idea what i'm going through)

I want to be there for her because of her grandad this weekend. I really want to txt her and let her know I am thinking of her and i'm her to talk to if she needs to. There is a feeling that I could make it work if I try hard enough and in the right way. Can anyone offer some advice. I know deep down she still loves me. Is it time I need to give her. And when do I make any form of move? Should I wait for her to contact me and how do i make contact to make her realise i'm thinking of her.

Thank you

You've been dumped because she no longer loves you despite what she says - she was just trying to make it easier for her to the dumping. Similar to saying, we'll always be friends - which is patent bullshit. Or 'Im not ready for a relationship.

She says you've changed, you're different? In just a year? Maybe SHE has changed, in that you guys got past the starry eyed, butterflies-in-your-stomach stage and she's not feeling all crazy in love anymore and she blames it on you. Give her some real space and don't offer to be there. Clearly she has friends so she has the support she needs while she tends to her granddad. Let the dust settle and do your best to stay busy while you give her time. Leave her alone and not try to change her mind about anything, she'll only fight harder to defend her decision.

If you give her a chance to miss you and she's still not in touch, time to move on.

She's a cunt. Forget about her and move on. And for God's sake quit being such a wimp about it bro.

She met someone. Time to move on.