+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guys...what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Oh geez... I wear Converse All-Stars pretty much constantly. So does my wife. I wonder what that says about us?
    Exactly, I wear Air Jordans, Versace, Bruno Magli, Converse, Claiborne, Sketchers, and $20 sandals...I wear what I like because of their style and comfortability.
    Women do tend to look at a man's shoes, his watch, then his car.

I definitely look at the face first. I like rosy cheeks and deep eyes (color doesn't matter), and full, crimson lips, contrasting a pale complexion. I'm really finicky about eyebrows, too. Usually brunettes, but natural blondes, sometimes.

I like breasts that are proportionate to a slender body... between a B and C is perfect. I obsess more about legs and the shape of the back/shoulders!

Shit... I'm seriously hosed. I have four pairs of shoes - The aforementioned Converses, a pair of work oxfords, a pair of dress shoes (dunno what style or brand, never paid much attention, they're pointy-toed and Italian) and a pair of sandals. I wear no watch (I kill the batteries or something) and I don't drive. Good thing I'm already married.
    Definitely not hosed! I don't have many possessions but my Italian family taught me to always look your best
    no matter what because you never know who you might meet...So since my family consisted of the mafioso types (and immigrants from Ellis Island)
    I learned to sow my own clothes, and learned how to coordinate my attire...Sometimes I'll wear a suit, others a silk shirt, and other times
    a plain ole white T-shirt with shorts and sandals...It's hard to drop what I've been taught at such an early age but I figure I wear what I'm comfortable with...

I'm a sucker for swiss made time pieces.
    You can buy an automatic for cheap: no batteries and run off your wrist/body movements.
    I own a fossil automatic that looks like my grandpa's watch, very classy (cheap too) it cost $45 at Nordstrom's Rack.

i dont think there is a universal like.. its based on the person. For me its the eyes at first.

But I want to know, what universal constants about a girl's appearance attract men to be interested in them? e.g. a smile, long hair, long lashes, curves/no curves, short/tall? What kind of fashion sense? quirky, feminine, tomboyish?

I'm a big fan of the athletic build type ladies. Her face and fashion sense is very important as well. I like them dressing classy and sexy at the same time

How much does ethnicity matter? Do they have to be americans, latinas, europeans, african-americans, asians, east indian?

Not much at all.

There are no universal constants.

Hell, there are no universal constants for ME. I tend to favor short busty curvy brunettes, but my wife is not short, nor is she a brunette. I do find intelligence a major turn on though. Stupid gets boring in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by frog132 View Post
    I understand that different guys have different preferences, and there are some girls that are attractive to most guys regardless.

But I want to know, what universal constants about a girl's appearance attract men to be interested in them? e.g. a smile, long hair, long lashes, curves/no curves, short/tall? What kind of fashion sense? quirky, feminine, tomboyish?

How much does ethnicity matter? Do they have to be americans, latinas, europeans, african-americans, asians, east indian?

Could you maybe even post pictures of women who are well put together, like hair, clothes, make-up? Not necessarily Megan Fox, but random girls or celebrities who catch your eye.

Please be brutally honest about what attracts you...please. I just want to know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!
    I'll try to describe what attracts me. It's not easy though

Long hair: The ultimate thing that displays femininity to me. It makes me wanna pull it and say dirty words lol. Colour doesn't really matter as long as it's taken care of

White teeth. I don't want to kiss someone with half a hamburger in there

Being thin is nice, but I don't want an anorectic patiënt. I also hate it when women constantly seek for approval of their appearance. A few extra pounds can be oke if breast size is in proportion. It really is about the complete picture and there is no standard for being pretty. I don't like big buts and I don't think any man really does

Big breasts aren't necessary. Thin girls with normals breasts > chubby women with big breasts

A thin female face. Some women have masculine jaws. Turns me off

The way a woman dresses does a whole lot to me. An 8/10 in sportive clothing is less attractive than a 7/10 in prom night clothing. Tomboyish clothing can kill my interest

I don't like too much make up, but I have the hots for women with eyeliner and a bit of mascara. Don't know why. Glasses turn me on too. I guess it just reminds me of the horny secretary stereotype

Female legs. They don't have to be very thin, but no muscular legs with big Q-ceps on them. Toned is the way to go

Ethnicity: I don't fall for afro women, like really really black. But maybe they don't fall for white milk bottles like me either. Each ethnicity has its beautiful women. Asians too, however most Asian women I don't find appealing because they have very pronounced eyes. Some don't

Displaying sex drive. Some women are pretty but never display any sexuality. She doesn't have to be a slut, but a sexual vibe does a lot. That's where clothing becomes important. I like it when a woman tries to be pretty. Trying is actually more important than being it, because it represents the will to be sexual. I like a nice amount of cleavage too. It displays sex drive to me, and confidence. Moaning about " I am too fat .." displays insecurity and turns me off. Being happy with what you are is important, sell yourself
    Last edited by MynameisJesus; 27-01-11 at 04:32 AM.

No they're not.
    Oh yes they are. To me at least. And there are great videos on youtube about the fysiology behind eye contact which is very fascinating

There are no universal constants.

Hell, there are no universal constants for ME. I tend to favor short busty curvy brunettes, but my wife is not short, nor is she a brunette. I do find intelligence a major turn on though. Stupid gets boring in a hurry.
    We often fall for or end up with someone who wouldn't normally be our type.

My ex hubby wasn't that that tall, he was slim and I prefer taller guys who are well made, not slim. But I ended up with him for a good few years.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    Women do tend to look at a man's shoes, his watch, then his car.
    Not all .... I notice the face first, rather than a particular facial feature. Then overall appearance, his height, build, the hair, how he is dressed.

I couldn't care less what shoes he's wearing, which watch he wears or the car he drives....if he doesn't physically appeal, it's going nowhere.

I don't think that there is really any feature that is totally universal. I might be able to agree with a nice smile, but nice smiles are different for different people. Same goes with eyes. I could tell you that girls with nice firm butts are a turn on but that doesn't mean that I cant find a girl without very very attractive. Just like everything else it goes on a case by case basis. My girlfriend doesn't exactly fit the mold of what I would say is my favorite body style but really she is undeniably beautiful...

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Egyptians came up with the golden ratio i believe.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Not all .... I notice the face first, rather than a particular facial feature. Then overall appearance, his height, build, the hair, how he is dressed.

I couldn't care less what shoes he's wearing, which watch he wears or the car he drives....if he doesn't physically appeal, it's going nowhere.
    I should have added the fact my perception on what a woman looks at first has to do with the Beverly Hills/Hollywood factor...These kinds of people (not limited to just women)
    judge you based on perceived class and treat you accordingly.

Not too Fat and not too skinny.

If you want a celeb, then maybe someone like Kat Dennings (without tons of make-up) is on my top of the list.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12