+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do I have a chance with this girl, should I ask for her number/ask her out?

haha the irony is funny in this, according to facebook her phone is lost and shes waiting for a replacement one, whilst some people have asked 'are you keeping the same number?', she hasn't responded to it yet. So I don't want her to know that I know because I don't want to come off as a facebook stalker (even though we are facebook friends, still weird) so it shouldn't affect me asking 'If I don't know' but also I don't want to ask if she says 'my phones broken so I have to wait till it comes back etc' because it comes off as really awkward for both of us but if she's expecting me to ask for her number (I think she might be), she is probably wondering why I'm holding back so I'm stuck in this one...lol

any advice?

I got her number finally after talking to her for like 25 minutes, it was slightly awkward to just dive in before I left but I pretty much said 'you want to hang out sometime?' which in retrospect I probably should have been specific and I could tell she wanted me to have something at least specific and planned out at least because she wasn't backing away or anything and she said 'and do what?' and I said 'whatever' to stay casual and she smiled and said 'yeah alright', maybe she thought I wasn't going to ask I don't know but after all that's happened I think she knows my intent. Except her phone was stolen so she is waiting for a replacement to come so I can't call or text until it comes but I'm thinking coffee and a movie and if she didn't want anything at all to do with me, I doubt I would have got the number in the first place. I'm fairly confident, like I said I think the only thing that would have startled her is I wasn't specific and it might have came off a bit too weird and non commital. Where do I go from here?

nothing wrong with rating women. some women are more attractive than others. same with men. thats life. if you notice he even rated himself but none of you commented on that. *shrug*

anyway it sounds like you have a solid chance with her. id say go for it and keep up the good work, bro.

Thanks man, not sure when to make the 'next move' though, I'm thinking arrange something for the week after next and to just keep on talking to her when I can next week since her phone is broken. Does not help that 14th feb is coming soon :p

Since you work together, you may want to go about asking her out tactfully\
    option 1: ask her if she wants to get lunch or dinner and leave it open ended
    option 2: tell her how you feel, then ask her out....
    (I'd go with option 1)
    Regardless, its worth a try!
    Hunter S. Thompson once said "Buy the ticket, Take the ride."

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticshoe View Post
    Since you work together, you may want to go about asking her out tactfully\
    option 1: ask her if she wants to get lunch or dinner and leave it open ended
    option 2: tell her how you feel, then ask her out....
    (I'd go with option 1)
    Regardless, its worth a try!
    Lol tell her how I feel before a date isn't going to happen, option one is better. I know I've technically not 'asked her out' but I've pretty much suggested it, I don't know. I kind of regret not being specific and having plans but I kind of half froze when she asked 'like what', I said 'whatever' which probably wasn't the best answer but I guess it was better than being mute, albeit not much. But at least she said yes and agreed I guess.

update:

I haven't spoke to her for two weeks since I got the number because I haven't needed to walk all the way to the department where she works like for example when I asked for her number and I don't want to rush into the friend zone by talking to her everyday but I know not talking to her for two weeks isn't good either but anyway her number works now as I tried it with a private number and she answered although I hung up because I just wanted to see if it worked, it'll be interesting to see if she brings up that she has a new phone when I do talk to her next though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12