+ Follow This Topic

Thread: need help getting away

need help getting away

ok so theres this girl who i love. I've unfortunately been turned down 2 times. it hurt to just be friends while she goes out with other guys. so taking advice from people on this site i'm trying to get away with out her knowing. the problem is a lot of my friends are also friends with her so that draws her near me. i don't want to loose my friends at the expense of getting away from this girl but as long as i am their friends she'll be around.

You're in love with someone you haven't been in a relationship with? What the Hell?

You don't love this chick. You're infatuated with her.

It might feel lousy to drop your buddies for now, but you can't have it both ways; can't keep them and avoid feeling hurt by seeing her. Good friends will always be there for you. Even if a few weeks, months, or even years go by, you can always reconnect with a good friend .

While you're "on break" is your chance to get your head on straight and put this thing in perspective. Follow the advice on the forum about meeting other women, finding other things to do, and in the process you'll get out of your funk. I'm sure there will come a point when you can face her without feeling pain. Especially if you've met someone else. Then you can hang with your friends again.

Quote Originally Posted by twinrexes View Post
    It might feel lousy to drop your buddies for now, but you can't have it both ways; can't keep them and avoid feeling hurt by seeing her. Good friends will always be there for you. Even if a few weeks, months, or even years go by, you can always reconnect with a good friend .

While you're "on break" is your chance to get your head on straight and put this thing in perspective. Follow the advice on the forum about meeting other women, finding other things to do, and in the process you'll get out of your funk. I'm sure there will come a point when you can face her without feeling pain. Especially if you've met someone else. Then you can hang with your friends again.
    that might work if i wasn't in grade 10, if i did anything outside of school, and wasn't shy. if thats the only way out i'm screwed.