+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Relationship hanging by a thread, help :(

Relationship hanging by a thread, help :(

Hi,

Would like to say hi first of all as im a new member

Where to begin? I met my gf 2 yrs ago, and the first one and a half years it had been pure bliss. Final half of te year, things have changed, i feel she has become a completely different person I ended up in hospital due to hyperventelation as i felt completely pressured due yto telling me she felt nothing for me on my bday when we kissed amongst other things. I told her ill win her bk, n while she ruined my bday, i took da tym out next week to prove what she ment to me and she was insanely happy and maintained a gd relationship.

Now these few weeks, things are back to square 1. She even sed she kinda given up on us. I have provided solutions, built a foundation of our relationship. What really upsetting me now is everytime i try to discuss an issue, it feels like we are having an argument. Im still a student, and in my final year in uni. She understands that i work my ass off during these times,in which she lets me work, but i do keep in touch to ensure shes ok and ask hows her day bin etc. after exams are over, she feels disconnected with me and again its back to square 1.

Now, i do want to marry this girl, because when she keeps me happy, my god she knows how to do it, shes perfect in that sense. When it comes to problems, she becomes impossible.

I try to show what she means to me, i do sweet thingsclike writexher poems, massage her when we meeet up, i treat her like a godess and all i ask just to keep me happy, and im quite a simple guy. All i ask she shows she cares for me and share our responsibilities.

Now my ? To members, my problem is that she feels this is the final straw. I disagree with her because every relationship has its flaws, but i try my best to work on em, but wat good is it if she retaliates? Im at break point, i love this girl madly, but shes retaliating, assuming so many bad things, shes insecure bout her self even though i treat her like a,queen. Ive played all my cardscn have nothing left to give im not slating her as someone that does nothing for me, because she does so much, but that quality has dimished. She claims to do soo much, but all i seen is her cme onlyn more often. If i feel somethings a problem, i know its gonna turn into a form of retaliation. I cant live my life like this.

A penny for your thoughts, any guidance which i can apply would be most beneficial.
    Last edited by razmataz0121; 05-02-11 at 08:22 AM.

You can't and shouldn't have to convince anyone that this is the relationship for them -- this is not a legal argument, this isnt a logic problem this is love...if she wants to leave you have to let her. She will only hurt you worse by sticking around...yeah I get it -- you have been a great boyfriend to her. Okay -- but you aren't what she wants/wanted right now...maybe never again. Trust me -- and you should know this - when you want to be with someone you over-look EVERYTHING -- she isn't doing that for you which means you are not the one for her. I am sorry -- I feel the same way. My ex knows that I am a great guy, a catch, one you should hold on to -- but it doesn't change the fact that she is gone -- doesn't feel strongly enough for me to be with me. I've accepted it and have decided to try to move on.

You will probably follow this path -- I am over it, I need to move on...wait no I can't. You will tell her that she is losing you...wait no I can't. If only she would show me she loved me....she won't.

God this made me so sad.

You really seem like a great guy. And i know what you feeling at the m oment. I've been there.
    You don't deserve this. I can see you tried everything to salvage this relationship. And it didn't happened. She seems pulling away from you. It's just not meant to be.
    Let her go . Someone else will come and than you will know that it wasn't meant to be.
    Anyway we are here to help you. If you feel like pouring your heart out coz you feel down I am happy to help you and you can discuss it with me.
    Trust me i've been there, done that and got a t-shirt.
    Chin up. xxSteph