+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Stuck up 30 mins before first date...we didn't meet online

Stuck up 30 mins before first date...we didn't meet online

Sorry to start my first threat as a vent, but this bottle is going to explode soon!

So here is my story: the girl is my current coworker. We knew each other for about a month, and base on all of my senses, I think she likes me or at least I thought she did? Anyways, I asked her out today to the carnival during lunch with a bunch of my coworkers, and I think she was shy, so she said she would think about it. Then at the end of the day, she told me to call her later. So later, I called her. She sounded really excited and said yes. I also asked her out to dinner too and she also said ok. After a few minutes of uncertainty of where to go, she suddenly said her friends actually asked her out too so I told her we can schedule dinner next time. The date was at 8PM and I called her at 4PM. Later that night, at 7:30PM right after I got dressed and was ready to pick up the phone to call her, she rang. I thought she was more anxious than me, but little did I know that she would drop the bomb on me saying she is NOW starting to eat dinner with her friends. My first thoughts were "OMG WTF?!?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!?" but that somehow translated into "its ok, we can go next time." I mean like seriously? Maybe I am not as important as I thought I was to her? She gave me all signs pointing at she was interested.

I know she is a really innocent person, but is she really? Then I thought maybe she could really lost track of time? But then again, I sacrificed going to watch UFC 126 with my friends so I wouldn't be late for this date. It just doesn't feels "fair." But hey, who said life is fair huh? I guess my question is now, what should I do? Give her another chance and ask again or put the ball on her court and let her do it? I had everything planned out too with Valentine approaching. This changed everything. =(

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    let her figure it out since she dropped the ball. This isn't called playing-hard to get anymore, now she's just being inconsiderate and rude.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

What pisses me off even more is that we are both professionals. I'm a CPA and she is right out of college, so maybe she isn't that mature yet? I know that I should just get over it, but I guess I had my hopes up a little too high..