+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guilty after post-breakup

Guilty after post-breakup

I feel really bad, and awful after what I did today.
    I promised her i would never let her go, no matter how much pain, and now we're here.
    She meant alot to me, and i meant alot to her, but reality was we'll never be together, she lives far.

Should I feel guilty? I know I was foolish, chasing a dream, not a reality, but she didn't wanna leave me, and now she blocked me, and doesn't answer calls, nothing.

What do I do?

What do you do? Take responsibility and OWN what you did.
    Of course she is hurt dude! That is what happens when someone's ego gets bruised.
    Truth is she's not heart broken at all...She's ego-hurt because she was let down.

If you feel really bad then you're too much of a softy to be in any relationship where
    it's obvious to everyone else that beginnings have ends, you are no different.

Quote Originally Posted by qwahchees View Post
    I feel really bad, and awful after what I did today.
    I promised her i would never let her go, no matter how much pain, and now we're here.
    She meant alot to me, and i meant alot to her, but reality was we'll never be together, she lives far.

Should I feel guilty? I know I was foolish, chasing a dream, not a reality, but she didn't wanna leave me, and now she blocked me, and doesn't answer calls, nothing.

What do I do?
    You can't break up with a woman, say that the relationship was a mistake in itself, and then expect her to answer your calls or get back to you immediately after the break up. Give her some time and space and respect her need to be away from you- it's always needed after a heartbreak.

And yes, it's very natural for you to feel guilty in such a situation. You've even gone on to emphasize that SHE didn't want to leave YOU, which indicates that she depended more on you than you depended on her.. it sounds more like you were hanging on to the relationship for her sake rather than yours. If that is the case, then you may have done the right thing by calling things off... that's all I can say from the bit you've said here. Honestly, her living away from you seems more like a 'backup' reason than the truth- which is the fact that you didn't have confidence in your relationship, so to speak. If you were really in love, you both could have overcome the distance barrier and made things work.

In the light of things though, it's better late than never, so take heart in the fact that you probably made the right choice. If not, then you must accept the decision you made and let her be.

I'm only 15. it'll be a while till we see eachother.

Those two responses really made me a better person, so thank you, I greatly appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by qwahchees View Post
    I'm only 15
    Oh, lol... then I guess it had to happen at some point; at that age, you can't expect to get a comprehensive notion about love without going through a heartbreak or even a failed infatuation.

You've got so much time ahead of you man.. and so does she. Just live in the moment.

P.S: You're welcome.

Breaking up is awful for both people. And it doesn't change whether you're 15 or 55

Oh man, how long does this feeling last?
    I woke up wanting to cry, i miss her now. But I really have to live reality.
    Would it be wrong to tell her that it really wasn't going to happen, even though we really wanted it to?