+ Follow This Topic

Thread: not sure how to feel =/

not sure how to feel =/

hey everyone ok well me and my gf are both 16 and ive just really liked her for the past year or so but we've been friends for 3 years. i finally got the courage to ask her out and its been a month and a half together now. i really really like her and i know she really likes me, and we talk alot but idk how she feels and i really want her to open up to me. last night we were on the phone for 4 hours just talking about alot and she told me she is afraid of change and i told her the other night i love her b/c thats how i really feel and i know she doesnt want me to say that yet but she is afraid of falling in love and also of getting her heart broken. shes never been in a relationship before and i dont think shes really ever been hurt but she hears all these stories from her friends and i dont want her to listen to them and then not be true to me about her feelings. i trry to talk to her about it but i dont want to put them down either they just don't know me. when we are cuddling on the weekends ill always feel her up and last time she put my hand away like normal but we just started talking after that and she told me it was going to be a while. shes not abstinent she just doesnt want to do it right away so thats understandable. idk i feel like im so close and in love with her and she is too but she just wont admit it. she does seem like really scared to fall in love and she admitted it to me. she knows i love her alot too and really care about her i am like no other guy out there. i just want to know how to really make her feel like the only girl in the entire world and that she totally can trust me and fall in love with me and always be with me.

This can be an awkward situation for you both, remember that first relationships are like baby steps into the dating world. Try not to be so "in love" yes love her and be there as a good boyfriend, but don't smother her! take her out with group dates and hang out with friends and just let her ease into the relationship-dont just cuddle and be lovey dovey the whole time or you might be the one who gets hurt. Take it slow, not just with sex but take it slow emotionally.
    good luck and relax

I have to agree with jv1189, take your time and don't rush things. If you both love each other,
    nothing is gonna change weeks or months from now. Give her some time and space to know you
    better and understand the emotions she have for you.

ok yeah thank you, i mean its fine being together alone and talking shes really the first person i really ever can be alone with and feel totally comfortable and love it and she feels the same. also she told me she never ever really talks on the phone and i never either but we talk kind of alot on the phone when we're not together.

yah i know to take it slow but idk what i can do to get her to totally trust and love me its not that she doesnt trust or like me i knwo she feels it but she just wont admit it. idk why she is so scared to get hurt and i feel for her and she asked like didnt i feel the same and i said of course id be broken but i try not to think of that we just got into the relationship and i only want to just build up and grow on it.

My friend please let me tell you my story because I wouldn't like someone to go through what I went through. When I met my girlfriend she was only 15 and I was 17 we talked for a year and then I asked her out. She was this amazing caring person who always did the right thing but now we broke up because she has changed her ways and wants to try other things. We broke up for like 3 or 4 months and she lied to me about having a bf and she was playing me but still loving me and wanting to be with me. All I'm saying is that to be careful because a girl who's 16 will be different when shes 19 years old because they're ganna start wanting different things. I hope I'm not scaring you but being careful and getting to know her some more will help make up your mind about her.