+ Follow This Topic

Thread: gf talking to guy

gf talking to guy

hi, over the weekend, we went out for a friends birthday to a club. we all got pretty drunk and my gf ran into a guy she knew from one of her college classes. i went up and she introduced me. i spoke to the guy for a bit then went back to hanging out with my friends. they kept talking for a while (seem to have a good amount in common). the guy was kind of flirting with my gf (slightly touched her arm, etc.). this made me a bit uncomfortable so i went and stood by my gf. we then left and on the way home she asked me if her talking to the guy bothered me. i said that he seemed quite flirty. she said that yeah he was good looking but she is 100% committed to me.
    i am now going crazy thinking that they will continue to flirt (since they do have a class together). am i being too insecure here? i kinda feel like i am and i should trust her but i just cant help picturing her talking with him, flirting etc. any thoughts? thanks!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Men will always flirt with a pretty girl. You don't need to be analyzing what THEY are doing - you need to look at how your girlfriend is responding. Flirting is harmless up to a certain point. Does she establish boundaries?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Men will always flirt with a pretty girl. You don't need to be analyzing what THEY are doing - you need to look at how your girlfriend is responding. Flirting is harmless up to a certain point. Does she establish boundaries?
    thanks for the response. she did not seem to be flirting back. it seemed like she was having a normal conversation (like she does with all people i have seen her interact). not sure what you mean about establishing boundaries, could you please elaborate? thanks!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I mean, does she encourage the touching? or does she back off? You said she wasn't flirting back - that tells me you haven't got much to worry about. She probably has guys hitting on her all day, but she only has eyes for you.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I mean, does she encourage the touching? or does she back off? You said she wasn't flirting back - that tells me you haven't got much to worry about. She probably has guys hitting on her all day, but she only has eyes for you.
    didnt look like she was encouraging touching but she wasnt necessarily moving back. to be fair everyone was pretty drunk so i probably wouldnt think to back away myself. thanks for the input, much appreciated.

I agree with Vashti here, and it seems like your girlfriend showed remarkable sensitivity to your feelings. People flirt ... it's one of the few win-win situations as long as it doesn't get out of hand. The fact that she gave you reassurance tells me that she's not looking for attention or trying to make you jealous. I think you should try to put it out of your mind. I would definitely not bring it up with your girlfriend. It's YOUR insecurity, not hers.

Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    I agree with Vashti here, and it seems like your girlfriend showed remarkable sensitivity to your feelings. People flirt ... it's one of the few win-win situations as long as it doesn't get out of hand. The fact that she gave you reassurance tells me that she's not looking for attention or trying to make you jealous. I think you should try to put it out of your mind. I would definitely not bring it up with your girlfriend. It's YOUR insecurity, not hers.

Carl.
    thanks carl, you are right, it is my insecurity and i will not bring it up. appreciate the advice.