+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Met on a online game

Met on a online game

Hey, Im 27 and just got out of a 10 year relationship. Last year I started playing a online game called World of Warcraft, where you play and interact with many different people. For the past year, while I was still in my last relationship I started talking to one particular guy, and over this time we became very close. At first it was just having fun together on the game, but recently (over the last 3 months ) we’ve started talking about thing outside of the game, and being very flirty. I gave up this game as it became very time consuming, but now we play other online games together as well as have each other as friends on playstation so we play together and a number of his friends and buddies around where he is from.
    We’ve exchanges lots of pictures, talk on the phone and Skype for hours at a time, sometimes into the early mornings. We text each other back and forth all through the day, and have both admitted to developing strong feelings for each other. We talk about meeting soon, but with money being tight we know we will have to wait for a while. I guess what id like to know is..is this worth waiting for? I know it’s easy to develop feelings online but I do miss him when we can’t talk, and he makes me feel so special and beautiful. What do you think??

Hi Stacypie,

I think the things you have to be a careful of is that you don't build your hopes up too much. It's easy to text, talk and Skype and not really show who you are, it's harder in person to hide something and i think what you have to consider is that you have built this guy up a bit in your imagination and in reality he might be a let down. And please take this as i mean it because i have fallen for men online before only to meet them and discover they are nothing that i thought.

The other obvious thing to consider is safety and although you feel like you know this person but in reality you know nothing about them so please make sure you tell someone ot to where you are going if you do decide to meet in person.

Please don't think i am been negative as i really believe that love works in mysterious ways and course this guy could be the man of your dreams as he obviously came into your life to a reason.

I don't think your mad to consider going but if you to decide to then just make sure your prepared for it not going how you imagined

Would be interested to hear how this turns out.

Lola

x

its hard to find someone who makes you feel special, so if you found somebody then you should pursue it. generally i would say be careful of online relationships b/c you don't know who you are talking to. but if you guys skype you know what eachother look like and you know that it is real. so proceed like you would with any relationship. but be careful before you travel anywhere. best to still meet in a public place where you are in control of your own transportion, etc.

good luck and be careful!

No need for re-peat threads there are online relationships that do work
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

I play that game and it's like a meat market. You don't really know what this person is truly like. They could be married or have a GF, a sex offender, ex con, gang member, who knows. I know many attached people that got unattached because of the goings on in that game. Unless you are planning to relocate there is no point in doing this kind of relationship.