+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The guy I love is is love with someone else?

The guy I love is is love with someone else?

We first met about a year ago over the Summer at a fitness camp, and I took an interest to him because I thought he was one of the only cute guys there. So a friend of mine decided to make friends with him to help me out with my little crush. She told me how nice he was, and that we'd get along great. One day after doing our warm ups on the tennis court, we called out for me to wait up. He then told me that he thought I was very pretty. I said thank you and felt very flattered. Soon after, we found each other on Facebook, and we talked CONSTANTLY. I liked him a lot (not LOVED) and we talked more and more in real life. We were able to laugh, joke, and we told each other everything. He was one of the best friends I had ever had. We stayed friends when the school year began, and I would ALWAYS talk about him to my friends, about how great and nice he was (but not that I liked him) and I became very close with one of my girl friends. Later on, I confessed to her that I had had a HUGE crush on him since the day we met, and since she is very protective of me, she said she wanted to meet him. I introduced them the next day, and they got along OK. So that night, he and I talked on Facebook, and he asks if he can tell me a secret. And I say, sure. He tells me that he fell in love instantly with my friend when I introduced them, and that he thought she was beautiful. I said the typical things like "aww, that's so cute." even though my heart sank to my stomach when I read it. He asked me if I thought he should ask her out. I, of course, being a huge dumb idiot, said yes. What am I gonna say about my friend? "No, she's a bitch take me instead!" of course not. I love my friends. So the next week, she is at my house, and she confesses to me that she also likes the guy I am in love with. And we agreed not to act on our feelings so that the other wouldn't get hurt. Well, he went to her and asked her out ( in a huge, public setting, I was there) and she began to cry and said yes. I almost started to cry so I walked away. She thinks that there is nothing wrong, and we are still friends..but I am still EXTREMELY close to him and am finding it harder and harder to not act on my feelings. Yesterday, we went to the library, and we walked outside together because it was hot inside, and sat on a bench. He leaned his head on my shoulder and said he was so glad I was his friend. (Also, recently he told me that he used to like me when we first me, which was when I liked him, but now he sees me as a friend) My eyes watered up from sadness when he said this, and when he asked why I just said I was glad to have him too. I am completely in love with this guy, and I don't know what to do. I know you may say it is just young love, or lust, or whatever, but these feelings won't go away. I'd had boyfriends before meeting him, but no one has EVER made me feel as good as he does. Every day, I get sadder and sadder to see him with her. I don't know what to do. Please help.

I get how you feel...
    You laid the ground work...You put in all the effort and became infatuated with a guy then BAM, all she has to do is to meet him and he instantly
    "falls in love" with your friend! The nerve of him, right? Wrong...

First off: you don't even know him: Your interest was solely based on him being "cute." Pathetic, don't ya think?
    2nd off: you have zero control over what people choose to do, or who they choose to like...

So what happened? The bottom line: you were *just* his little summer fitness camp friend...NOTHING more.

Now you come to find out she likes the guy YOU originally had confessed (and confided in) telling her that YO) U "had a huge crush on him" YET she doesn't find
    any problem with liking him: when you liked him first: She isn't a friend: she's a vampire, blood sucking vulture who has NO apparent shit stain of a care for your feelings!

Since you knew (more like assumed) he didn't like you: You wanted her to promise to you that she wouldn't date him: because you were selfish about him: if you couldn't have him: she couldn't either! <-----More pathetic than the previous crap.

So, what have we learned?
    He was too much of a pussy to tell you that he liked you when it mattered most...
    YOU were too much of a coward to tell him how you felt (and now) it turns out the plan you'd sworn to secrecy (to NOT tell him how you felt) had backfired.

What to do? You are acting emotionally irrational based on the fact you are just friends and you need to learn to cope with not always getting your way in life
    especially when you did NOTHING to let him know you had liked him BEFORE your promise to your female friend was made...

Instead of making that bullshit agreement, this is what you do:
    You tell your friend that all summer long you were building on a friendship with the intent of being more than friends.
    So while you can appreciate that she liked him too: you liked him first, made all this effort and SHE should be the one to respect that. Plain and simple.

The next time: you don't talk for days, months and years before making it known that you like someone! If he doesn't make the move: you do it, or?

THIS is what happens.