+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: if you're not married you're single....

I think it's important to live together for a period of time before deciding to dedicate yourself to a partner for life. Living together and meeting casually are two completely different experiences.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

yes and shouldn't this period be call an engagement?

Quote Originally Posted by enjungrl View Post
    yes and shouldn't this period be call an engagement?
    No. Engagement is the period starting when you set an official marriage date and ending when you actually get married. Before you do that, you should at least live together for a while. At least two or three years. If you can't do this, you shouldn't even consider marriage.

Why call it an engagement when you can call it living together?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    A few more questions before you're outed as a know-nothing...

-Are you aware of the American financial system and HOW it is a fraud? Yes or No?
    If you feel it is not a fraud; please...Say so...and without googling it: say why.

-Do we have a right to travel? Do you know the definition of the word drive? (Black's law, or Bouvie, not Websters)
    -Where is the LAW that mandates the average American to pay a federal income tax?
    You haven't done anything by try to refute common knowledge with anything else besides hollow statements that you claim as fact.

I had a roommate like you, he kept a solid gold bar with him. He traveled across the united states working dead end jobs with nobody to love him.

You would be much better off finding a good man to marry and pop out of a few children and stop trying to play conspiracy theorist on a love forum.

If you like, I can hook you two up, and you can have his conspiracy theorist babies.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He's a he.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

So what happens after 3 years of living together? Reevaluate? Some guys see this simple talk as too much pressure

Quote Originally Posted by enjungrl View Post
    So what happens after 3 years of living together? Reevaluate? Some guys see this simple talk as too much pressure
    After living together for a certain period of time, two people will know whether they are ready to get married or not. Marriage is a lifelong commitment that requires a lot of preparation that most people aren't willing to deal with (hence, divorce). How can you have a successful marriage without all that? Everybody these days has preconceived notions that because they are in love and all that, they should marry the person they're with... just like a kid that impulsively decides he wants a dog, without any knowledge or experience about scooping poop, feeding, constant care, etc. IMO, living with your BF/GF before engagement hypothetically washes away the idealistic thoughts about marriage, leaving the self-evident taste of reality for either person to accept or decline.

Of course, many people decide at that point that marriage is not necessary at all in order to maintain a satisfying relationship, even though marriage grants couples benefits they wouldn't otherwise have.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 17-02-11 at 02:13 AM.

if you're not married you're single is a statement indicative of options on a tax form. it's a lot like trying to figure out what your "race" and "ethnicity" is.

marital status check one: Single _ Married_ Divorced_
    race check one: White_ Non_White
    ethnicity check one: European (non-spanish)_ Native Alaskan_ American Indian_ Black_ Oriental_
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertz View Post
    He's a he.
    So what, is he against gay marriage too?

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    You haven't done anything by try to refute common knowledge with anything else besides hollow statements that you claim as fact.

I had a roommate like you, he kept a solid gold bar with him. He traveled across the united states working dead end jobs with nobody to love him.

You would be much better off finding a good man to marry and pop out of a few children and stop trying to play conspiracy theorist on a love forum.

If you like, I can hook you two up, and you can have his conspiracy theorist babies.
    I really hate having to spell things out...especially to a member that has been here for at least 7 years or so...but...

(1) YOU have made the claims against me: YOU need to either prove YOUR claim against me? Or STFU and face being in dishonor.

(2) I use federal notes just like any other slave (including yourself) the difference? I exchange my money for LAWFUL money.

(3) I don't have any evidence to back up any conspiracy theorists' claims about 9/11

(4) Fail to provide proof of claim upon me puts you in a liable position...So please: either back up YOUR slanderous claims?

OR: kindly walk away with your tail between your legs as a no nothing coward who cannot stand that his equal
    KNOWS how to interpret LAW, and upholds his God given rights.

Thank you for your time.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    I really hate having to spell things out...especially to a member that has been here for at least 7 years or so...but...

(1) YOU have made the claims against me: YOU need to either prove YOUR claim against me? Or STFU and face being in dishonor.

(2) I use federal notes just like any other slave (including yourself) the difference? I exchange my money for LAWFUL money.

(3) I don't have any evidence to back up any conspiracy theorists' claims about 9/11

(4) Fail to provide proof of claim upon me puts you in a liable position...So please: either back up YOUR slanderous claims?

OR: kindly walk away with your tail between your legs as a no nothing coward who cannot stand that his equal
    KNOWS how to interpret LAW, and upholds his God given rights.

Thank you for your time.
    Wait, I don't get it.

Could you repeat that in words I can understand?

I'm just a simple cog, but maybe you can enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Wait, I don't get it.

Could you repeat that in words I can understand?

I'm just a simple cog, but maybe you can enlighten me.
    Fail <------

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    C'mon my Bumble Bee. I need you to teach me. Maybe we can have our own little revolution on loveforum like they did in Egypt!

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    After living together for a certain period of time, two people will know whether they are ready to get married or not. Marriage is a lifelong commitment that requires a lot of preparation that most people aren't willing to deal with (hence, divorce). How can you have a successful marriage without all that? Everybody these days has preconceived notions that because they are in love and all that, they should marry the person they're with... just like a kid that impulsively decides he wants a dog, without any knowledge or experience about scooping poop, feeding, constant care, etc. IMO, living with your BF/GF before engagement hypothetically washes away the idealistic thoughts about marriage, leaving the self-evident taste of reality for either person to accept or decline.

Of course, many people decide at that point that marriage is not necessary at all in order to maintain a satisfying relationship, even though marriage grants couples benefits they wouldn't otherwise have.

I'm confused with the "two people should know part" what if the lines are not that clear cut? In my case, this 4 year period of living together has had it's ups and it's downs. We have grown significantly from were we started 5 years ago, and I'm ready for the commitment. I don't want to get married tomorrow and don't mind a long engagement . My guy and I had this talk a year ago and still he can't ask this simple question "will you marry me?" Perhaps it's because I'm not the one?? he says I should endure, that's the true test! I'm sick of being tested!! I have endured, and he is still not ready to commit. Silly part is I was the type that never wanted to marry. Until I met him...

It's not about a ring. I promise. I just feel like our relationship is one sided. At the end of the day, I just want more effort from him. I'm starting to feel like he is taking me for granted.
    Last edited by enjungrl; 17-02-11 at 06:31 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast