+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is it time to make amends? is it healthy, advised?

is it time to make amends? is it healthy, advised?

I broke up with my ex 3-4 months ago, it was ugly, and vicious. I found out she cheated on me, could not control myself (verbally) which triggered her to retaliate the same way. Hell rained down for the two of us and I made it a point to disappear from her, closed all contacts and even changed my number. We are not in the same state and she'd threatened to file harassment which both of us had reasonable evidence to do so but would not go as far to investigation as it didn't.

This gave me time to focus on more important things in life as I've been succeeding and I am better than I deserve at this point. Anyways, is it advised to initiate the 'better man' situation where I'd shoot a concise email to reaquire contact? As bitter as our breakup was I'm sure at times she is curious about me as I do her, as a person we had in our lives. By no means would this go beyond that.

Just a thought, I thought I'd get some input. Criticism, counsel, advice welcomed. thank you

Honestly I wouldn't say anything! If you were to run into her one day then I would speak and not be rude.. but other than that I wouldn't say anything. Why do you feel like you should say something to her? She is the one that cheated on you. You don't owe her anything. I realize that you say you just want to be the "better man" here but I think it's secretly your way of getting back into her life and that's probably not the best thing for you. Find yourself someone better that will make you happy and I guarantee you you will not even have the urge to talk to her. I think you are just feeling lonely and wanting her back. But you should go out and have fun..hang with your friends and go meet girls! Have fun and enjoy your life with out her.

Sounds good, I'll admit sometimes it just takes to hear someone tell you. Not spiting your advice but not intended to get back into her life. I was thinking more of "how are things going" 'catch up'.

You're right, I have not had to urge to talk to her or even think about her and it will stay that way. Right again, though not lonely just bored and got off tangent with what I got going on right now.

Appreciate the quick reply.

not a problem! just remember to focus on you ... you deserve better!

Verbal abuse is never ok in any fight
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~