+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to ask a man out?

How to ask a man out?

How do men really feel about a woman who asks them out? Do they think it is too forward or see it as she must be either a tramp, easy, or desperate? Do men prefer to be flirted with and then left to ask the woman out if the interest is reciprocal? What is the best way to do it, that makes a man feel both flattered and interested? There's a man I am really interested in who comes in at my work to make purchases (I am a cashier) who has absolutely no idea how I feel, so I would love some advice on this, cause I go weak everytime he walks in the door. Thanks!

All of my guy friends and I agree that it would be awesome to be asked out by a woman. In reality it almost never happens so it could be a little startling though. I would make sure the feelings are mutal by doing a little flirting first... if all signs point to he's interested then for sure ask him out. And no, men generally don't think less of a woman that asks them out. I know I wouldn't I would think it was awesome and that the women had a lot of confidence which is cool in my books.

Plus think of it this way you have nothing to lose by asking and everything to gain.

Good Luck!
    no. can't do that.

I was asked out by my GF and I thought it was great - but I'm a real feminist so would not think for one minute that because she asked me out that she was some kind of tramp. How do you ask him out in your situation? Difficult because you don't exactly bump into him in a social setting. I would smile at him a lot and look him straight in the eyes. And after a while I'd pass him a small piece of paper with your number on it. He should get the hint

Quote Originally Posted by morettorach View Post
    How do men really feel about a woman who asks them out? Do they think it is too forward or see it as she must be either a tramp, easy, or desperate?
    No, that couldn't be farther from the truth. It would make her stand out from the other women in a very positive light. I've heard that men prefer confident women. Asking a guy out shows that she is more confident than most other women.

You should start with flirting. Asking him out of the blue might confuse him.

I have been asked out couple of times. I have said No those times because most of them I barely met from other friends and although they were attractive, I wasn't comfertible with someone I did not know. I got asked out by a girl a while back from a Blockbuster video rental place, but I said No too because there was no chemistry and plus she just sounded like she wanted a one nighter. The times I said No were done politely as in, "I have a GF".

If I were you, I would create some chemistry with him so that he feels comfertable around you when you ask him out. If he finds you attractive, that will help alot too, to be honest. You can ask the man what's on his agenda for today to build a topic and a good conversation.
    Wish you luck!
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Guys like a confident woman believe it or not. Be out going and friendly and you will have them eating out of your hand.

I've been asked out a number of times. Nearly always said yes.

It doesn't/didn't make me think them trampy, just confident and strong, which I like in women.

In most cases a guy will be flattered and relieved as it saves him the trouble of asking you.

Just be sincere. Be yourself. No man will bite your head off. You will not be humiliated if the guy is decent.
    This is no-lose situation for women, so I always wonder why women would be shy about it.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I actually DO know someone who doesn't care for women doing the asking. I guess he likes being the boy.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?