+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is sex a must in a relationship.

Is sex a must in a relationship.

Hi there, my name is Chloe. I am not going well with my boy recently,we quarreled a lot due to I refused to have sex with him. I would like to stay in a platonic relationship as I am still a student. But he said that I wasn't in love with him as I refused to have sex with him. Sometimes I would like to have sex with him after him begging me for that,but in the end we din't do it as I cannot what I promised to God- no premarital sex.I feel like I am betraying God if I decide to have sex with him. And the more he mentions about sex in front of me, the more I feel that he is a pervert. What should I do in this situation?

sex is a must in most relationships... I can't imagine being in a relationship with someone and not having sex with them. I feel that sex is a true expression of love - it is the most intimate thing you can do with another person. to me, sex is passionate and loving and without it, I don't know...it would be weird. I mean, imagine marrying someone and not having sex with them... what if you weren't sexually compatible? so you waited all this time to marry them and then you find out your sex life sucks with them? that's just me...

p.s. what does being a student have to do with keeping the relationship platonic?

A platonic relationship means that you're only friends, nothing romantic. Not your boyfriend. No kissing, cuddling, etc. So if that's what you want, then keep it at that. Make it very clear you just want to be friends.

No one should pressure you into sex, especially not a friend. So tell him to knock it off, because it's not happening. If he persists, then he doesn't really care what you think and you should end the friendship.

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    It depends, usually in mature adult relationships yes, sex is a must. If you're still a teenager, i'd advise you to steer clear because it will save you a lot of grief and regret. If you're not ready then it is what it is, don't let him pressure you and don't pressure yourself.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

Sex is a must. If ur guy does not get it from he'll look elsewhere. sad but true. but if he does, then u'll know he was not meant for u after all. make up your mind. If u really wanna save urself for the special one then be old enough and actually see him that special, not as a pervert demanding sex. After all, its really one of the basic needs for a relationship to go all the way.

It sounds as if you might be very young. If you are, then no, sex is not necessary.

If not... well, waiting for marriage is a personal choice, but in my opinion a foolish one. How can you know you're sexually compatible with the one you marry if you don't, first?

Quote Originally Posted by pandora_83 View Post
    Hi there, my name is Chloe. I am not going well with my boy recently,we quarreled a lot due to I refused to have sex with him. I would like to stay in a platonic relationship as I am still a student. But he said that I wasn't in love with him as I refused to have sex with him. Sometimes I would like to have sex with him after him begging me for that,but in the end we din't do it as I cannot what I promised to God- no premarital sex.I feel like I am betraying God if I decide to have sex with him. And the more he mentions about sex in front of me, the more I feel that he is a pervert. What should I do in this situation?
    It's called relationship expectations....You must tell them right up front you expect no sex before marriage. It's not fair to start a relationship with someone who doesn't know that about you. Cut him loose and find someone who has the same beliefs as you.