+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The cycle of my heartbreak

The cycle of my heartbreak

I feel like every week I go through a cycle... the beginning of the week is bad. Monday and Tuesday I think about him alot, sometimes I cry... I reminisce, feel that I'm never gonna meet someone who will compare to him. I miss him and want him back. As the week goes on, Wednesday & Thursday-ish, I don't care as much. I'm still somewhat upset, but I don't notice, I'm focusing on other things, I'm busy, it's not bothering me. Once the weekend comes, Friday through Sunday, I'm fine! I go out with friends, drink, have a blast, I'm laughing, meeting other guys, not even thinking about him much. But then it's like, once Monday comes back... I feel crappy again. It's getting better each time the week rolls around, but there's still that missing/longing feeling and I don't know why it seems to happen once the week starts. I had a dream about my ex last night where we were sitting in his car holding each other and talking and it felt real, and I woke up and felt depressed and sad. Is this weird? Why do you think it hits me more towards the start of the week?

so how long has it been since you broke up or the last time you talked? cuz i'm still at the stage where i think about her pretty much all the time. sometimes at work i dont but it doesnt last long. when im laying alone in bed and think about her my heart speeds up and i get all hot in my head and chest, and get a pain in my chest. i just want it to stop!
    I got loaded last night on a bottle of gin
    And I had a fight with my redneck girlfriend
    But when I'm drinkin' I am nobody's friend
    Please baby wait for me until they let me out again

it's been over a month since we broke up... we officially broke up and stopped talking January 12th (I know, don't ask why I remember the date...) and I still think about him alot. Not as bad as it was in the beginning, but still too often that I want to. the worst is right before I go to bed, that's always when I get most upset.

yeah i think thats because thats when we have nothing else going on so our mind automatically goes to thinking about them. it hurts so bad i cant sleep unless i drink. and then i only sleep for a few hours. are you sleeping and eating normally yet?
    I got loaded last night on a bottle of gin
    And I had a fight with my redneck girlfriend
    But when I'm drinkin' I am nobody's friend
    Please baby wait for me until they let me out again

Remember that this is a man who never treated you good be strong there will be some1 who will love you for you
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by ktm390 View Post
    yeah i think thats because thats when we have nothing else going on so our mind automatically goes to thinking about them. it hurts so bad i cant sleep unless i drink. and then i only sleep for a few hours. are you sleeping and eating normally yet?
    the sleeping and eating thing only messed me up for about a week... I didn't eat for like 3 days and I couldn't sleep. then once we broke up for real that stopped cause I could accept that it was really over. but it sucked

Those are normal feelings and cycles. The hurt parts will start to fade away... you'll start to feel bad less and less. Time doesn't heal all wounds ... it just makes them hurt less and we heal ourselves. Just keep taking care of yourself. Try to break the cycle.

Like do something you wouldn't normally do on Monday ... take a karate class, go out to dinner with a family member, BREAK the cycle a few times and it'll become easier. Sometimes when I start to think about the guy I fell for ... and I start to feel all crappy (this is going to sound corny) but when it is JUST starting to happen picture a HUGE RED stop sign. Then either get up and walk around... take a shower... do something you LIKE to do... eventually it'll become a habit and that in itself can help break the negative cycle.

Sorry you are hurting, it really does suck
    Last edited by Leviia; 22-02-11 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Because I can't type for crap on this lil laptop :)

I feel your pain i split up with my ex in the newyear and i feel worst now than i did when we split , Sometimes we all hope that we can get back together with them and after time we realise that its not going to happen and i think that when the real healing starts

Im reading it called break up because its broken - Great book to mopp up those evening tears

thanks a bunch guys I'm gonna try doing that stuff to get myself out of the bad mood swings. I wanna check that book out too!