+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is my ex still around?

Run.. run... run... he isn't committing in any way, and lets be frank about it - guys are lazy. He is having sex with you without any repercussions expectations or anything from you. Why on earth would you allow that? YOU DESERVE MORE. YOU DESERVE TO BE LOVED... YOU DESERVE WHATEVER IT IS YOUR HEART DESIRES...

My best advice for you - let it go and move on. Its really hard -- really hard. Here I am 6 months out and I still feel anxious, sad, tense. I am dating other people -- and I still feel anxious, sad, tense.
    I wonder when it will stop feeling that way. Not sure -- I just know that it will.

That's actually some very good advice, thanks. I have been thinking of him as someone amazing that I have lost. But the truth is that he has treated me pretty shabbily! Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by whatthehell View Post
    That's actually some very good advice, thanks. I have been thinking of him as someone amazing that I have lost. But the truth is that he has treated me pretty shabbily! Thank you
    You have made the first step. You have said it -- now believing it becomes the challenge :-)

Tell me about it! I just can't imagine a future without him, even now. I really thought he was the one for me

Quote Originally Posted by whatthehell View Post
    Tell me about it! I just can't imagine a future without him, even now. I really thought he was the one for me
    girl, I feel the same way. my ex dumped me about 3 weeks ago, in a real shitty way. just suddenly said he didn't love me, ignored me for a few days, gave me false hope, then ended it. we haven't talked in over 3 weeks. it's a rollercoaster... I'll be fine, feel free, see the bad things about him. then suddenly I'll be angry, really mad about things, feeling bitter. then it goes into a depressed state, where I cry and miss him and want to just go back to how things were. and all over again... right now I'm in my depressed state. it's just part of the process. I'm trying to spend alot of time with other friends, I've gone out and met some really nice new people. I'm keeping busy with work and school, and trying to see that I will be ok, even though this is insanely hard. I really thought he was the one for me too. I'm here if you need anything, cause believe me I'm going through this same thing right now keep your head up!

Thanks Ashley! Likewise! I'm also feeling depressed at the moment I had been ok for a while, not sure why I'm so upset now. Someone said to me recently that when the initial feelings of shock wear off after a break up the real feelings appear. I miss him more every day and pray constantly that he will realise his mistake. I know he misses me too but sometimes I want to punch him becaus he's being so stupid. He wants mr in his life but this can't continue...

that's exactly how I've been! when we were somewhat broken up/somewhat not and he was ignoring me, I was in total shock. I barely ate or slept for 4 days. then we met up and talked, he kinda dumped me but then felt bad and said we could try working on things... so I thought we were ok, but we weren't. but once we were officially done, I was OK! I started eating again, I went out alot... then I'll just have these random days where I'm angry and hate the world and cry and miss him. It just sucks immensely! I've never been heartbroken before and this is horrible! my ex said the same thing too, how he didn't wanna lose me out of his life and all that. but it's like dude, you just crushed me beyond belief... how could you do that? ugh. I even tried hooking up with another guy in hopes that it would help me move on... I had my mind off the ex for a few days but not too long. and it wasn't the same. grrrrrrrr!

I can't believe it's been 4 months for us!! I still want him back too. On a positive note, I have seen him more in the last month than at any time since we broke up. A little bit of me feels that he is coming back to me. I hope so....

Omg I thought yours were new lol, I don't hope I will still be like this after 4 months arrr, does he know that u want him back?

Quote Originally Posted by BeingAlpha View Post
    and lets be frank about it - guys are lazy.
    Yeah thanks for that amazing insight. I'd appreciate it if you could give us some more pearls of wisdom about us guys. If it's OK to label all guys as lazy is it OK for me to label all women as frigid bitches? Or would that be sexist bullshit in the same manner as your own comment?

I have a feeling beingalpha is male...?

word ! find something true !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12