+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My gf cant say I love you!!

My gf cant say I love you!!

My girlfriend of a year and a half has always been on an off with me. One week she is great, wanting to hang out and spend time with me. Other weeks she wants nothing to do with me, tell me she is “busy.” She hasn’t said the L word to me ever, even though I tell her often. I don’t know what to do. I’m so in love with this girl… I want to be patient and hope she will open up to me but get frustrated in the process. I have stopped bring up the I love you thing cause it only causes a fight. Any thoughts?

Oh good lord!!! YOU just wasted a year and a half on nothing but bull s hit. How much of a doormat are you? Dude all those times she is busy.......she is seeing someone else. Something tells me you are a fool. Are you in the friends zone but think she is your GF? You can't make someone love you. It's over dude, just call it quits.

Agreed!!! Like I told my best friend, (even though it took him two years to follow through) to just get out there and start talking and "shaking hands" with EVERY girl he meets. He is doing this and feels amazing and more confident in what he actually wants. Don't let these women take control of you, its not how its supposed to work. Relationships should just flow. If they dont, then it will never be equal and it becomes a tiresome effort on your end. NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THAT WAY. I can assure you, once you drop the dead weight, she will come crawling back and thats when you stick it to her and tell her how she had her opportunity and walked on you when you wanted her most. Her loss. Keep it moving, you will feel better no matter if you stick it to her or move on no matter what. There are 6 billion people on the planet for a reason.
    Same song and dance.
    "Whats the weather like kid?" --- "Its always sunny in Hell."

Third date! Can't stop fate. Its time to take this thing we got to the next level.
    Ya'know SPEND ALL OF OUR WAKING HOURS TOGETHER!!!!
    SURPRISE showed up at your job again! I was thinkin' I wanna be everything to you.

Quote Originally Posted by DorkyChris View Post
    Any thoughts?
    Yes.

I think she doesn't love you. It sounds like she doesn't even like you very much.

I have the same feeling that she has other boy friends. If you just be patient and wait, you are very likely to lose her in the final. However, it depends on your own feelings. If you are really into her, just go ahead and show your real love to her. Don't offer her too much time to meet others. And if she still treat you like before, you should consider to give up. The reason is she may have someone better than you (at least in her eyes.)
    How Happy We Are To Meet Millionaire Friends From Afar! - WANTSMILLIONAIRE.COM

Quote Originally Posted by avec2023 View Post
    I have the same feeling that she has other boy friends. If you just be patient and wait, you are very likely to lose her in the final. However, it depends on your own feelings. If you are really into her, just go ahead and show your real love to her. Don't offer her too much time to meet others. And if she still treat you like before, you should consider to give up. The reason is she may have someone better than you (at least in her eyes.)
    Dude he did show his real love and it starts fights.....something wrong with that picture don't you think?

You try to win this chicky over and you might as well go to the local hardware store and pick yourself up a shovel. Grab the wood, hammer and nails while youre at it. You showed her and she put you on the back burner for when she needs attention to fill while her main guy is out of town.
    Same song and dance.
    "Whats the weather like kid?" --- "Its always sunny in Hell."

Third date! Can't stop fate. Its time to take this thing we got to the next level.
    Ya'know SPEND ALL OF OUR WAKING HOURS TOGETHER!!!!
    SURPRISE showed up at your job again! I was thinkin' I wanna be everything to you.

She's not in love with you. Sounds like she just uses you and to fill in her spare time when she's bored.

Woah. Ok so let me explain my situtaion a little better. This girl has baggage. No question about that. Her last bf abused the crap out of her and her father was an abusive drunk. She values my trust above everything else and in my eyes she is just afaird to fully commit. She isnt cheating either. She isnt that type of person and any instance i have snooped around, i have come up with nothing. So assuming she is faithful what am i to do? It would be selfish of me to put my needs first and expect her to commit. So im willing to wait. I need adivce on how to deal with this situation. Btw thanks for all the comments.

Well, your first mistake is expecting her to "love" you as you do for her when you admit your relationship has been on uneven/shaky ground from the get go.
    You first need to learn how to treat women the right way in order for them to love you: much less "tell you" that they do.

Respect the fact she doesn't say it because she doesn't feel it: or she doesn't know how to verbally express her love.

Something isn't quite right here, if you have you been showering her with gifts, presents, picking up / dropping off, pay for things. Stop that now or even cut down on that.

If I were you I will just treat her like a job I want to leave, enjoy yourself while you're still there and have fun with the benefits. Relationship requires compromises to be made and if you're the only one compromising yourself, this probably hasn't been a relationship for her from the start.

You guys are friends only, I'm pretty sure she doesn't love you, it's so obvious! :-(