+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He asked me to prank

He asked me to prank

I am in a long distane relationship and recently struggling with long distance phone bills. I told the guy about this, and I don't know too well of him yet. Only talking on the phone a few times a month for 3 months only. He suggested I prank him, meaning I ring him phone for a few seconds and hang up and he will ring back while seeing the displayed number.

Anything wrong with this? I feel being bought. Would it be better to prank him in the future if I know well of him?

Well to answer it directly...no, I don't see a problem with you letting it ring for a few times and then hanging up, just so he has your number.

But that's not the biggest problem you have. What kind of relationship is this?? You only talk to him a few times a month, and only by phone. You have no other communication at all whatsoever. You have no idea who this guy even is or what he does...he may have other "phone" relationships; heck, he may even have a real one.

Is there not a way to use Facebook or Skype or any other number of social media to talk to him as well? It just seems that, if he wanted to communicate with you, he would have helped you to find another way before now.

Be careful, but remember a relationship is communication. If you do not communicate much (unless there are extreme circumstances a.k.a. military deployment, prison), I don't really know that you have much of a relationship and you may want to look around closer to you.

There is nothing wrong with it, and it's not really a "prank".
    He is offering you the ability to stop paying for the calls. He is saying that you can call and he will call you back and foot the bill. He obviously wants to talk to you, there is nothing wrong with letting him pay if that's what he wants.

But am I letting him buy me? I see no difference between prank and him paying my phone bills for me to contact him on my end.

It seems too obvious for me to prank him. I don't know this guy too much. I would like to use email to contact him initially, then may be prank when I know him more.

When he said he is thinking of me, what does he mean?

He wants to take the thing slow, and I am happy with it too.
    Last edited by happycow; 26-02-11 at 05:26 PM.

It isn't as though he's paying you to talk to him, for heaven's sake. He obviously enjoys talking to you, and wants to make it easy for you to talk to him. You're over-thinking this. Go ahead and "prank" the guy.
    When in trouble,
    Or in doubt,
    Run in circles,
    Scream and shout.

No no no.. you are not letting him buy you. He is not asking you for anything, nor does he expect anything in return. He is not paying your phone bills, he wants to talk to you. Does he have your phone number? If he does, tell him to call you when he wants to. Just tell him that you feel badly to make him pay right now for when you want to talk to him.

Yes, you can email him too. When he said he is thinking of you, what that means is that he likes you a lot and that you are always on his mind.

Just continue to get to know him. Be careful, but not scared.

80r is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    There's always VOIP, like Skype and Google Talk. Much cheaper.