+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girls what what would you do with a man..

Girls what what would you do with a man..

Who didn't want to have sex with you out of fear he would give you legal claim and you would take half of everything.
    I live in Australia so the laws make things very boring over here, but I just think it is a bit paranoid.. He was rolled by his ex wife before, maybe that's why he's so uptight..

Well, would you bother having anything to do with someone who was so paranoid?

I find it a real turn off.

In Canada, and the US, many people sign pre-nuptials, A legally binding agreement before getting married. It's basically a private contract between a couple, that overrides the 'generic' laws, for the most part.
    Dude A gets together with Lady B, Dude A has 100k in the bank, and a house, Lady B has a job. Pre-nup says that Dude B gets to keep his 100k, and house, and Lady B gets anything earned or gathered while they were together.

So yah, find out if you can do things like that there.
    Green!

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would find someone else who isnt so paranoid.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by Regnent View Post
    In Canada, and the US, many people sign pre-nuptials, A legally binding agreement before getting married. It's basically a private contract between a couple, that overrides the 'generic' laws, for the most part.
    Dude A gets together with Lady B, Dude A has 100k in the bank, and a house, Lady B has a job. Pre-nup says that Dude B gets to keep his 100k, and house, and Lady B gets anything earned or gathered while they were together.

So yah, find out if you can do things like that there.
    In Australia they do have prenups but the existing laws and precedents allow for them to be overruled based on hearsay from either party. I would understand if we were living together, but I am on a lease elsewhere and I just want a casual root every now and then. Apparently after 6 months of living together people are considered defacto and the same laws apply if the couple were married.

If he wasn't so good in bed I wouldn't really care so much but the paranoia and distrust is really annoying.
    I think his previous **** up of a relationship has made him a misogynist.

I can find a root elsewhere, it's just the sifting through men to find one that is any good. I've told him I just want to be ****ed but he is scared and bitter and pushing everyone away.

Perhaps I should just let it go and find someone less paranoid.

The Aussie law makes sense. If you are living together and doing married stuff, you should be considered married. A piece of document is really for show only.

"Perhaps I should just let it go and find someone less paranoid."

Yesssss..... or hook up again when he's in an other state of mind. This is too much to carry...

"Perhaps I should just let it go and find someone less paranoid."

Yesssss..... or hook up again when he's in an other state of mind. This is too much to carry...

Wait a minute - if you have sex with someone, they can file a claim and take half your stuff? WTF?

You must be referring to marriage or child support or something. Anyway, I'd never enter into one of those contracts. What's mine is mine!
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 20-03-11 at 04:40 AM.