+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Was my first date a success?

Was my first date a success?

I went on a first date with this girl last night. We went to an arcade place followed by a club afterwards to meet up with some of her family and friends. The arcade went VERY well in my opinion, we got to know eachother and shared a lot of laughs. We were also very flirty touchy with eachother during the arcade. After the arcade we went to this club and met up with her people. My date and I then started to dance, however I felt that she was tense while we were dancing. After dancing for a while, we went back to the sidelines of the club to meet up with her sister. This is the only weird part of the night, because after we stopped dancing she would barely make any eye conctact with me. She didn't seem to be upset, but it was weird bc it looked like she was making it seem as if I wasn't there at all. Anyway, during this time I remained collected and just acted as if nothing was wrong, and eventually me and her started dancing again however she was still very tense and unrelaxed. When we parted ways her sisters were with her, so there was no special goodbye just a normal kiss on the cheek. When I got home from the club though i texted her saying I got home, and she said that she had a great time and what not and it was "great getting to know me", then we said goodnight...

anyway, I haven't been in the dating game since my last ex girl-friend of 3 years, so I'm just a little confused as to what to expect. I think the date went really well, and I really had a blast with her. I don't know how to translate her tenseness and lack of eye contact body language at the club, was she just uncomfortable with me because she barely knows me? or do girls just like to act weird at times for no reason? lol...i want to consider this date a success but the part at the club REALLY threw me off lol...

What you got was the sister not approving. She may have had a good time, but her sister wrecked that for you.

her sisters seemed to like me...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you a good dancer? Were you putting moves on her that made her uncomfortable. Its possible she was put off by something there. Just an alternative guess to HIAs comment.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Did the first date go well? Easy question to answer - are you going on a second date?
    You are overthinking all of this. Just calm down.

honestly clubs are not goot 1st dates i feel, theres a lot of pressure. go get a pizza and take a walk next time.