+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he just not like me?

Does he just not like me?

Okay so I met my guy friend Tyler at my college. He helped me find my class and since then we became good friends.On Tuesday Feb 15th we went to the park and talked about relationships. He told me that he is not looking for one right now. Well Monday, Feb 20th I went over to his place to play Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and then after he made me supper then we wrestled. Well its obvious that I like him and well he asked me out that night. I was confused since just a week before hand we talked about relationships. I was caught off guard at first, but said yes. Well... the week went well until Friday. At 8 in the morning while on my way to class he texted me and told me he need to talk with me about this problem he has. Well trying to stay calm about the whole " we need to talk" thing I waited until classes were over. He explained to me that while growing up he was always the best friend and never the boyfriend. The one time he did actually have a girlfriend she lived in California and she cheated on him. He loved her and I believe he is still heart broken about it. He told me that he has always had this problem with liking a girl and then it just going away. He said he had feelings on Monday and Tuesday and it just died off. The thing what gets me is Thursday, the day before he broke up with me, is that he was calling me babe and talking about how I can always talk to him and that I make him happy.

We are still friends, but I want to be more than that and I don't want him to always feel that way! What are some of ya'lls thoughts?

One question.

Did you have sex with him?

If the answer to that question is "Yes". Then he played a game with you. He won! Game over.

If the answer to that question is "No". Then I dont have any clue what is wrong with that guy. Maybe ask one of his friends? Maybe put him back in the oven to harden up a bit more?
    Last edited by Anturo; 01-03-11 at 12:08 AM.

80r is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    It sounds like he had feelings for you, then had sex with you, then lost the feelings.

In other words, he had feelings for you... in his pants... It may not have been a 'game' though; he may have actually thought he liked you, at first.

Quote Originally Posted by 80r View Post
    In other words, he had feelings for you... in his pants... It may not have been a 'game' though; he may have actually thought he liked you, at first.
    Really? That one works for you?

So it gets you closer to her friends as well?

I'm really hoping that this isn't another troll thread, I hate wasting my time posting in those.

Anyway, I agree with Anturo. Did you two have sex? I can't really say much more until you answer that.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

No we didn't have sex.

He's got issues. Specifically, he's got commitment issues. The LD GF in California didn't cause that, but she exacerbated it. They likely stem from his family life growing up.

I'm going to suggest being patient. Things may change.