+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help with relationship

Help with relationship

My girlfriend of 9 months broke up with me 2 weeks ago. It all happened because we spent about 4 days apart because I went out of town. During this time apart I didn't really text her because my phone was always dead but I still stayed in touch. When I got back she broke up with me. Her reasons for breaking up was that she was happier without me, not having to worry about anything, and she no longer wanted to be in a relationship, she wanted to be single. She was crying when she told me all of this and told me that she still loved me. I love this girl with all of my heart I can't even look at other girls. I know she's not talking to other guys because I know her well. We dated for 9 months and we lost our virginities to each other. We were each others first love. We go to school together and she talks to me whenever I'm next to her. I'm 18 and she's 17. I'm not over her at all. I tried asking her out 3 times throughout the last 2 weeks. She finally agreed that if she wasn't doing anything tomorrow that she would go out with me just as"friends". She says there's no reason for her to cut me off. I'm thinking that we can watch a movie or something. I still want her back and I don't know how to do it. If we do go out what should I do so that she wants to date me again?

Listen, I know it's tough but you need to respect her wishes. Those days away from you gave her time to think about this. She's not happy about this but hey she was at least honest with you. Please don't try to push this on her. You'll only make it worse. Just be "friends" and give her some space. If you keep hacking at her, she'll just keep pushing you back and you two may end up never talking to each other. Let it be what it is right now. I know it's hard but you gotta be mature about this.

I wouldn’t try forcing her or encouraging her to get back with you, in her own time she will decide what she really wants, you cannot pester her and keep asking her out, you’re both young, I mean heck, I’m her age but I know when a guy is coming off as annoying or pestering. It’s all well and good taking her out to see a film and I see by the date of this post that you may have already taken her out if she wasn’t busy but I think if you do spend anymore time with her that you should not bring up what happened and talk together, have some fun, discreetly make her realise what she is missing and why she broke up with you.
    If you love her very much too then I think you need to respect what she wants, if she is happier alone so be it. With time aswell you will regain your ability to look at other girls if it doesn’t work out with her, I had this same situation, my ex was the same as you and I was his first love. But yeah, its rare that first love will be pursued into the distant future, both need to put in the same amount of work input or else it wont work.
    But as I said respect what she wants, its only been two weeks, cant imagine how much you would pester her after a month. Just pick yourself up and put yourself back together for now, remain friends and focus on your other friends too, she is not the centre of your life. Time will also help and maybe in the near future things will work out, just hope, but don’t let it destroy your day and days to come.
    Take care,

Sapphire x

The best thing to do would be to give her the space that she needs. Bugging her shows a few things, which is not to your advantage if you want to get her back. Firstly it shows that you don't respect what she says. Secondly it may prove to her that she has indeed made a good decision. After all who would like to be someone who is always pestering you? One of the neat "trick" that you can respond to her is to agree with her on breaking up. Go out with her just as friends and let things develop at a natural pace.

Instead of worrying over stuff, think of what she likes about you when you started out and be the person that she likes. Also, if there is any thing that you can think that would improve then do it. This is assuming that there might be something which is causing a problem. You may have noticed something that she had told you previously - can be anything like she doesn't like guys who smoke etc. You are in the situation, so only you can know it. Assess the situation see whether it fits the bill.

Whatever the outcome, don't blame her or blame yourself. Some people are lucky and only have one relationship, but many have more than one relationship. It's still ok. If it doesn't work out and you remain as friends that's ok too. If you have this openness then you will make it easier for both of you.

All the best.

You both got together at a very young age and niether of you really had a chance to experiance much in life. Give this relationship some time and see if either of you don`t find someone else. In time you will get over this heart ache and realise for yourself that this is the right move.
    Thanks for listening,
    Yuconman