+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I finally asked her out and she said yes, how am I doing?

I finally asked her out and she said yes, how am I doing?

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/49711-do-i-have-chance-girl-should-i-ask-her-number-ask-her-out-2.html#post676006[/url]

Around Early Feb I got her number. Then didn't talk to her for 3 weeks due to being sick.

then ii rang her up on Thursday and said 'hey (it's (insert first name)...and she said '(first name who?)' and I hung up straight away but i knew that was stupid so when I rang back I said 'It's (Insert full name) and she went 'oh from work!?' and she then sounded very excited to talk to me like we were at work and I just had a general conversation how are you, got a lot on at the weekend etc, then I asked if she was busy over the week next week and she said 'yes' but I still asked do you want to go to the movies with me next week and she said 'yes' straight away but said she'd msg me back and stuff now that she has my number. And she said she'd see me at work on saturday as I start as she finishes. She sounded very happy and surprised (in a good way) that I rang her and it didn't ask much longer and it ended with see you Saturday so although she agreed, I'm staying neutral in case it does not happen though I'm obviously hoping and in high hopes it will, it was a lot more acceptance than rejection which is good. How do you think it went?

The only reason I didn't do it face to face is because I don't have the time because the only place I can do it is at work and of course I'd be there as she finishes and theres no time there, and I'm not working next week for the time being plus I don't wanna leave it too long. Do things look like they could pick up though? Is she just making me work for it? I haven't acted nervous around her or on the phone by the way, I've kept it pretty cool. I haven't been clingy or come on too strong either, I've only talked to her face to face (no fb/text) apart from that phonecall.

I plan on ringing/texting her Tue or Wed to confirm and make a date? Am I doing good here?

^Yeh I know that. When I asked her out in February and said 'hang out sometime' and she said 'And do what?' and I replied 'Whatever' (not in a rude way btw) and she said 'Yeah alright' and gave me her number I knew she wanted me to be specific afterwards.

This time on the phone I established the convo for a little bit (and not 25 minutes) before asking her out and like I said when she knew it was me, her whole tone of voice changed like we were talking in real life. It's like I could sense she was smiling whilst talking to me on the phone (obviously I don't know that for sure but she sounded energetic and excited to talk to me). I asked her if she was busy over the week before I actually asked her out which makes sense because we are both busy people at the moment due to uni, work and other social commitments but she still said 'yes' to going out and she didn't pause or resist a little like she did the first time, it was instant and still flowing. If she didn't want to go out with me at all, I think she would have mentioned that she was busy again and said 'I don't have time at the moment' or something when I said if she wanted to go to the movies within the next week because it pretty much would have ended any future plans probably from me (in her mind), so I think there is something strong there I may just have to work for it.

Obviously I'm hoping for the best but also trying to stay neutral, calm and realistic.

I'm not sure whether to call or text her when I do it on Tuesday or Wednesday. If I call it's more personal and live but with texting it leaves the arrangement of the date to take place back and forth and there does not need to be any rush whilst talking on the phone to find the right date if you get what I mean. Should I text or call her? Which one seems better. I haven't texted her before but she has my number now.

I prefer calling rather than texting someone. I feel like if I text a chick instead of calling, she would think I'm a shy pussy or something. I'll simply call and if she doesn't pick up, I'll leave a message.

Wow, that helps lol :p I really have no idea at the moment. I'll do it tommorow because it's closer to the weekend on a Wednesday than today which is Tuesday plus I'm free to talk a while if I need to tommorow night or text. Tonight I have uni work, meeting friends etc and it's hard to do stuff like that when you're with your mates lol.

Your doing awesome. Her excitment is a tell she is happy you contacted her. Better to leave it out of work I think.

I'll definetly contact her tommorow night even though she said she'll get back to me I think, I know she'll be expecting me to make the next move AGAIN lol probably to show her I'm serious or something. Everyone seems to be split between texting and calling where ever I look/ask. At least with calling I can gage emotions and stuff plus for something like that in it's importance it seems a better option but texting is the norm very much these days, so I really don't know which way to go.

I haven't came off as indecisive or nervous to her though, I just wanna be a little strategic because this is the furthest I've gone in regards to almost being in a relationship and I don't wanna screw it up by making one mistake but maybe I'm overthinking it, I don't know.

My advice would be this: Take care of business in person when you can. If that's not possible, call her on the phone. If that's not even possible, texting may suffice. Call me old fashion but I believe the ladies like a man who is confident enough to converse rather than send a text they can hide behind.

the only reason i'm thinking texting at the moment is because it won't put her on the spot for one, plus I have already asked her out and she accepted so it's not as if I'm hiding behind anything since I've already done the deed plus she mentioned messaging. Will texting really hurt me? If she is 'into me' like I hope, any private contact would suffice wouldn't it? (Facebook is very unreliable obviously so that does not count). Plus we can go back and forth to think of a good scheduled time because we are both pretty busy at the moment. Any ideas what to write in a text though for the first time to remind of the date?

I think I've came up with something good. Text her tommorow (Friday) to see if she's doing anything after work on Saturday and just ask her for coffee since it does not require a lot of time yet will make me move another step forward, we know each other more in a one on one setting outside of work and I can ask her out in person on a proper date for the following week. It'll let her know that I'm interested plus we'll be getting an experience of a date before an official date. Does this sound like a good idea?

I messaged her about three hours ago to see if she was working the usual shift tommorow so that I could try and arrange something for afterwards but I haven't got a response, I suppose it's good I stayed neutral cos it looks like it's done now. Not even a reply back, I've tried 3 times now and I don't know what else I can do. I've probably gone about it the wrong way at times with waiting but I'm new to this and it shows, looks like another to write off on the board.

I think I know why now, seems to be another guy lurking who ironically he used to work at the same place as me and her as well except he seems really CLINGY, like she's ignoring his posts and they seem pretty full on like calling her 'BABE' and stuff and she's not even replying to them. He posted something about a good catch up today but again it seemed VERY desperate, like going on about doing it again and pushing her and I don't think they would have been alone knowing her, im sure it was a group setting but honestly if this guy likes her and tries it I see him ****ing it up, seems very needy just going off facebook. So maybe waiting my time could get me her idk. She obviously does not hate this guy but it seems all they'll be is friends and if it does end up being a relationship which I doubt then I'll just have to move on. With me at the moment I'm showing her signs that I'm there and I'm interested but I've never been clingy, pushy, chatting every day (I reckon this guy probs fb chats her a lot now) etc.

I'm thinking that when I next see her (which will probably be Friday or Saturday) most likely Saturday but it also could be tommorow (Tuesday) but theres a 90% chance the next time it'll be Sat I talk to her and re-ignite the spark, I'll probably go to the club she's going to that night because it says on my fb she's attending a local nightclub which I sometimes go to, she'll bring it up to me as well most likely every Sat she always ask's if I'm going out and then says where she is going. If I do end up going to the club, should I ask her out again after that night? Because I think a good night/experience with me can only boost my chances instead of it being asking her out at work where it can be awkward. I just don't want to text, call or facebook her at this point because I'm sure this other guy is annoying her with it (hopefully). What Should I do, how should I go about it?

I don't think I'm that 'obsessed' with her, I think to like a girl there is some obsession present (or else imo you wouldn't have much interest) but I haven't unleashed it on her. I check her facebook occasionally like I check anyone's facebook who I'm friends with (not that I check every single facebook friend's page obviously), it's not really stalking considering we are fb friends. I don't use the information for or against her on any purpose really. I just noticed that someone else clearly was obsessed with her posting about 5 or 6 posts despite being ignored on every single one but they have 'hung out' according to one of them so I know the reason why my progress might be slowing down. I'm just hoping that he is annoying her so much that he has no chance (yes i am that selfish) and I come off as a better guy. But I understand I can't play the defensive and I have to be offensive as well. I think I'm taking the whole message thing out of proportion because she could have been out of credit (possible considering her proper phone got stolen and this is a temporary one I'm assuming given what she told me) so I don't want to come off as uninterested anymore when I clearly am.

And as for my inner self, I'm not as lucky as most. I haven't had a girlfriend at all in my life and I'm 19 so this is pretty much all new to me. That's why I'm asking for some advice on this issue in the first place. After all of that bascially I'm just asking for one question, Should I call her during the week (It's Tuesday Night) now or just wait until I see her face to face (Saturday) to try and at least maintain if not improve my progress.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast