+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He's not interested in me?

He's not interested in me?

We're both 20, I'm the girl, he's the guy. We met about six months ago but didn't talk almost at all that evening. Couple of days later to my complete surprise I found out that we actually live on the same corridor on the campus, about 10 meters from each other. I don't know if he actually knew that from the beginning or not.

As we share the kitchen as well, we started talking while cooking or doing the dishes. In time I really felt that he might actually like me. At the time I had just got hurt and wasn't looking for anyone but the same time I wasn't playing completely cold.

One day I looked him up on Facebook because I was told that someone had been at my door and I thought that it was him. Because he'd gone home for Christmas when I got the info, it was the only way to ask. I got a reply about two hours later saying that he had no idea who I was. As I wasn't really sure whether it was really him not someone with the same name, I let it slide.

But now.. Two weeks ago we met again on the corridor after two months. It really seemed that he was flirting with me. As it was in the middle of the night we talked for about five minutes total. Couple of days later it came clear to me through shared acquaintances that I had sent my letter to the right guy on Facebook. So I wrote to him again to clear things and get in contact with him because we meet really rarely. I got zero reply. Nothing. A week later we walked past each other on the corridor - he has a wide smile on his face and whistles a tune like every time he sees me - like nothing had happened. We just greeted. I didn't say anything because I felt a little upset and confused about his behaviour.

I really like this guy. He's a great catch and I'm not the only one to think that because he's the Really Nice Guy (polite, thoughtful etc.). It's a miracle he's still single and I don't think it's going to be so for long.

Should I write him again? Should I do something or let it go? Because if he'd be interested, he'd try to contact ME? He knows where I live. Or could it be he's just a bit shy? It could be possible although he's outgoing when we talk and he seems to be a totally different guy when he sees me approaching.

Thanks in advance. Any advice is good advice because it really bothers me already.

Either talk to him in person, or give it up.

If he was interested, I'm sure he'd have gone out of his way and to get to know you better and keep conversation flowing the last umpteen times you emailed.

No I wouldn't keep on mailing him....you appear desperate that way and if he's not interested, all this emailing from you will be making him feel kinda uncomfortable. When they show little interest....time to move on, good catch or not, he's showing very few signs of wanting to be caught by you.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 09-03-11 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Either talk to him in person, or give it up.
    I very much agree with BackUpOrGetStng... =)
    Hunter S. Thompson once said "Buy the ticket, Take the ride."