+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So confused on what I should do....

So confused on what I should do....

I could really use some advice on what to do. The answer may seem obvious, but I'm in limbo on what I should do. I am a nurse at a long term care facility. One of my patients sons has been coming in to talk to me all the time. We do have a lot in common, have a lot of the same friends and have the same hobbys. He recently asked me out to dinner which went well. I am also a single mom and he gets along very well with my daughter and treats her very well. We have went out a couple times but I feel no real "attraction" to him. I dont feel the excitement or "butterflys" of a new relationship. Then he told me he loved me only 3 days after our first real date. I am definately not ready to tell him i love him nor to have him say that to me. I feel that maybe I am being too judgemental too early. He is not the type of person I generally am attracted to. He is 10 years older than me and comes from a different background than me. I dont know if I should end things this early or really give it a chance and see what happens.... I'm so confused on what to do. He is a very sweet, nice person but I just dont know if he is relationship material for me... can someone help me? Give me some advice on what I should do or things I should consider? Thank you so much!

End it. You're not feeling it and 1 date is not enough to tell someone I love you; that's a sign that something is very off. Tell him that you do not feel a romantic attraction to him and you won't be going on anymore dates with him. Be firm, don't worry about hurting his feelings.

I say this from a guys point of view. If I was him, I would like you to tell me, be firm but considerate. He obviously loves you, but it will barely hurt to tell him now. It would be a lot worse if you went along with it for a while, then decided to end it.