+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The gift of my broken heart

The gift of my broken heart

Today it happened. I woke up from my dream. A dream where my life transformed. Almost 3 years have past and I have awoken in a new place, a new town, in a new career, with a new love, and a brand new life. A life I couldn't have even dreamed about before that day. That day where my heart was broken. The day when my partner and my future decided to change directions, well, actually just to change partners and continue on his path with a new love of his. His life is where I thought mine would be today. A house, kid, wife, mortgage. But my life is different. My life is unexpected and amazing. The largest transformation my life has ever seen happened in the days, months, and years following that day. That day my heart was broken. To heal I had to push forward. It hurt too much not to keep moving forward. I processed, felt, lived, loved, forgave, and moved forward. All while living in a dream to keep me safe, and today I woke up. I yawned, stretched, and opened my eyes and saw this new life before me. An exciting new life where all of my inner most dreams can be fulfilled. It's not the life I thought I had wanted then, but it's a life I've always dreamed about.

For this I thank my broken heart. The most wonderful give of a broken heart. Every day I will now thank him for giving me this wonderful gift, that wonderful broken heart.

Spot on! Inspiring for those of us feeling crushed and low at the minute.

Wow that's awesome. Well said and good luck with the new life!