+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help is there something wrong with me?

Help is there something wrong with me?

Hey.

So just to tell you about me, I was in a 3year relationship from 2006. Ever since than I have been single. I meet lovely and amazing guys, they always seem into me, and people who watch always say they seem into me. Than once we depart I never hear from them, well never for a few months than they come springing back in my life we catch up than they go into hiding again.

One example. I meet this amazing guy at a music fesival, who happened to be on my facebook account and he came up to me and was like "WOW ur Jess arent you" mind you we hadnt spoken in months so I was suprised that he remembered me and what was even worse I didnt remember him. So we were talking after the festival and arranged to meet up the next weekend, he stayed the night bu noting happened and now since he left he hasnt spoken to me. I sent him two messaged one being "I hope you got home safe" and the other" hey hope work is okay? We should catch up soon, when ur free let me known if you want. jess x" Still nothing.

I'm starting to think I have a one date curse. Why is this always happening? I'm not ugly, I have a brighty happy personality. I'm not clingy. But what am I doing wrong if this keeps happening.

It's only know that this last guy hasnt replied to me it's starting to get me down now, after I liked this guy why would they ignore. Any advice would be great.

I hope I've explained all this well enough. I just feel like I have a one date curse. How can I turn my current situation/guy around to replying to me again without thinking I'm a nutcase.

If you need me to explain this further let me know and I will. This whole thing is just getting me more and more down and depressed.

Jess x

I know how you feel, this happens to me a lot with women even when we are having a good time. To be honest, I am not really sure what to tell you. Did he make any advances or hints to doing anything the night he stayed?

Not that I remember we stayed awake all night talking shared a few kisses massages he was tickling me and finding ways to touch me. It makes no sense.
    I know I sound down and depressed but Ive been told 2 often that I would b a good catch for someone than why wont anyone fall for me.
    It's annoying it's just so damn depressing, I got no idea what to do to even keep the friendship there

Hm... some guys use tickling and finding ways to touch a girl as a playful way to have foreplay before sex. Not saying that he is that kind of guy but it is a possibility. I can tell you of a few red flags to look out for if you would like. I have been told the same by many of my female friends about being a good catch and I am in the same boat as you.

Anything would be helpful anything at all. I'm over it. I've gone for all types. Guys who are and who arent my type. Guys I wouldnt even think about. Everything. This last guy is deaf (has a hearing aid) and even he is turning his nose up at me. I just dont get it anymore.
    Anyways any red flags would be very helpful thanks

Ok, well first, you said you are friends on facebook. Does he have lots of pictures of him with girls? That is a bit of a red flag there.

In general, red flags with guys would be stuff like: Always checking out girls, smiling at other girls when with you, tons of pictures with other girls hanging all over him, talks about lots of girls he has dated or been with, definitely the disappearing for days to even months at a time. That shows that he either does not care as much as you do and could be occupied with other females. These are just a few I can think of right at this moment.

He is nothing like what you said. Guys that are totally freak me out and usually have me questioning them stright off the mark. Anyways thanks I just hate this feeling.
    At least u can somewhat understand were Im trying to come from

We have no real chat longs other than over the phone and txts but everything seemed totally perfect till he stopped making any sort of contact with me. It's just odd I cant see it at all. Just b good to have a good guy or be able to attract a guy

ive tried to attached links and photos of what i look like but it wont work
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You look fine in your photo. You are probably just not meeting the right guys. It happens. But the right one is bound to show up. It's the same way for me too. I hardly meet girls that I do like. Sometimes a couple of years would pass before I encounter one. Maybe those guys were looking at an easy fling and they realize you are not that kind of girl. I have had that happen to me plenty of times. Some girls who went out with me are clearly looking to just hook up and when they realize I was not that type of guy they move on quickly. And sometimes we think someone is amazing at first but the more we get to know them we realize it's not the case. For example, one time I dated a girl from work who i thought was a sweet innocent thing but then she turns out to be this crazy club/party girl that gets drunk and makes out with random strangers. Boy I was so wrong. Needless to say, it was over before it even started.

I did not mean to imply that he is like that, I apologize if that is what it sounded like. In general, for any man, if you notice that those are obvious red flags. I agree with bonfire though, it is hard to really tell from the little bit of information you gave. As far as the way you look, you are very beautiful and seem like a very genuine person.

Nah it's okay Thank you for your nice comments I'll get over it. It's just annoying that its this hard to find someone, I dont understand why people cant be upfront and honest, yea it will hurt but not speaking up hurts so much more.

You are welcome and I know what you mean. Unfortunately, I believe people are the way that they are these days because of society and their up bringing.