+ Follow This Topic

Thread: the ex called last night

the ex called last night

Okay guys this was my orignial post a few days ago. It was called i cant move on. I was dumped by a guy because he said that we werent getting along, and need to develop a friendship first. We were togther 2.5 months.

Im still hurt, but my heart is slowly moving on and getting it togther. Ive laid in bed for the past few days, ive cried, ive sat, ive mourned. Well, i decided to go on a date. I know its early,but life is short and i dont feel like being down anymore. Im not trying to fall in love, but i just want to start over and make friends and get to know guys. So a guy asked me out last night and im going for it. I still miss my ex, but im going out on this date.

Then my ex called me last night for the first time since the break up. So i havent talked to him in about 7 days or so. He said "i havent talked to you in a while, how are you? How is school? Im just checking up on you" the convo lasted a few minutes, and then it was over. I didnt have much to say. I told him i was fine and i kept the convo short and sweet. I didnt want him to know that i was still hurting on the inside.

Its like if im not good enough to be your girlfriend, why do you care how im doing????? Does he really think we are going to be friends?

My guess is he may still cares for you and doesn't want to burn the bridge. 2 and 1/2 months is not a long time for a relationship. He may not be ready or think that it's too fast. It's ok to go out on dates, but just don't get involved in a "rebound" relationship, e.g. to get involved just because you want to fill the gap or make your ex jealous. This would be unfair to the new guy.

Since you mentioned schooling, you are still young and have plenty ahead of you. Despite what you think, a couple of months is very short.

I know 2.5 monthes isnt a long time, but i openned my heart and fell in love. I just wish that he would want to fix the relationship, and i thoguht he really cared about me. Are problems were minor, and they could have been fixed. He was just so stubborn, and arrogant and he always thought he was right..... I fell for him though. I want him back.

Should i keep in contact with him? I do want him back. Should i text him once or twice a week or just let go?
    Last edited by parkertammy2010; 17-03-11 at 04:39 AM.

Somebody please respond........I feel like calling him. Help me not to call him please!

Don't call him. Talking to him will only prolong your pain.

Instead, call your mom, or an old friend. Do some housecleaning. Rent a movie, preferably a comedy. Just keep busy doing something, so you don't have time to dwell on the way he has treated you.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Ive been trying to clean all day. And im at the point where i feel that im am bothering my friends and family. They are tired of hearing about my problems. Im crying again, so very sick of crying.

When he called my last night i had a glimmer of hope that he still cares and would want to work things out. I just hate this pain and i still really care about him.

Try pretending that he died in a car accident. Then you can go through the grieving process without being held back by unrealistic hope.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Think of the fact that he like you when you do as he tells you to do... make yourself pretty, call a bunch of Girls and hang out together! Eat chocolate, do things you wouldn't normally do (buy something nice)...BE NICE TO YOURSELF, ths is the moment to spoil yourself!