+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need Help getting over some silly little things.

Need Help getting over some silly little things.

Okay, didn't really know where to go with this, and it's been bugging me for a while now, so I figured someone could just help me get by this.

Before I even begin, I'm not a self-righteous jerk, or anything like that.
    Simply put, I just need to get over this.

Okay! So I'm a senior in highschool, and I am currently dating a girl who i met near the end of last year and instantly became infatuated with. She's gorgeous and funny, and finds me hilarious to boot! So needless to say I was pumped! But I didn't know much about her. She was the quiet girl in the class. Anyway, after finding out about her through a few friends, she was described as... a little overly promiscuous.

So basically, she was a partier, like most people are in highschool, and she hooked up with a person at every party, so it sounds. She never went full monte with anyone before me, which is commendable, definitely. But everything else had happened. And with familiar people too, which may be why it bugs me so much.

And she apparently had a lot of feelings for me at the beginning of last summer, but she hooked up with a guy about a week before we were supposed to hang out. And it's not so much her doing that that bugs me the most, but just because I have never felt that way about anyone before, and i've had about 4 long term relationships that lasted over 8 months, one for well over a year, which is quite a while for someone my age. At least compared to people I know.

And also! The people she generally hooked up with would be considered unatractive by most. Not that I'm some babe or anything but I definitely think I'm a step up from them, so this also makes me feel worse about this whole thing, because I thought I had myself this perfect girl, and other than this, she is. Honestly I would never let this ruin us. And it's not THAT big of a deal anymore, because I'm so close to her now, and I know most people look down on people my age when it comes to relationships and love, But I can honestly say that I love her. I've said it to others before but I was always reserved, and it was more of a, "they said it to me first" situation. But this girl is so much different.

So I ask your help! I just need to get past this for me to be 100% again.
    We're both going into university soon, she graduated last year, the after grad was where she hooked up with the aforementioned guy. I'm worried about university and our relationship. I don't exactly know why, it could be potential jealousy or maybe the strain that i won't get to see her as much?

This has turned into a rant, kudos to you if you read it all, thank you.
    I look forward to any and all responses.

In a way it's not that great that she hooked up with so many guys, but if she isn't doing that when she's going out with you, it's a good start. I take it you're going to different universities? Are they close? Unfortunately, a lot of relationships seem to crumble when people go off to uni. Given her past habits, it's going to be tough. Not impossible though. Good luck!

(Also, if it does go tits up, there are plenty of opportunities to meet new people at uni, so don't worry too much)

Hey, thanks for the responses.

We are actually going to the same university!
    and she doesn't seem to be like, a ho now, it's more of a past thing.
    Although she does have a flirty personality and she was a ho, it was mostly when she was drunk.

She said she won't get smashed if i'm not with her because she doesn't want me to freak out.
    I don't know how much I believe that or anything.
    But if i were to find out she was lying to me, regardless of how much I love her, I'd call it quits.

You're a fool if you think she's not going to get smashed in college. If you're not around she is going to hook up with other guys, and now that she has had sex, guess what they're going to be doing...

I just hope she does you a favor and breaks up with you, before she starts ****ing everyone.

If you're at the same uni, then sure, give it a go. You seem like you have it sussed out in your mind, so go with that.

You've got a lot going against you even though you're going to the same school. I don't even think her past is even really part of that. You're both at the point where you're going to want to do new things. You will probably hang out with different people and major in different subjects. Don't pick the same ones "just to be with each other" you'll drive each other nuts. You don't want to hold each other back, so you should find a balance of hanging out with other people/living your own life and being able to have time for each other.