+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will I ever get a Girlfriend ?

You sound like me. I've never had many friends and mostly stayed on my own. I was awkward around people until a few months ago. I hadn't had a girlfriend until this current one. I'd liked this girl for a LONG time, so I told her how I felt, and now we're here. I went from this isolated, awkward person to this not-too-awkward, seemingly normal and socially acceptable person. I'm not saying you're are or are not any of those things, because I don't know you.

Anyway, I eventually decided to go into direct approach mode and started talking to people and meeting other people, be it through friends or just on my own, and I am now happy with where I am in my life. I wasn't really at first, but I'm fine now.

Meet new people. Just do whatever you want in order to do so. You could turn around at school and say "hi, I'm (name), how are you?" because that other person probably doesn't know about you. You could, on first impression, seem to be a socially outgoing person. Whether you feel you are a socially outgoing person or not, it's best to start a friendship/relationship with a way like the one I previously mentioned instead of waiting for someone to start one with you. I realized things don't always work when you wait and wait and wait for them to come to you, so it's easier to make the thing you want come to you.

Also, sorry if this doesn't seem like a well-informed post by an experienced* person, I'm sick. I'm not thinking super-clearly right now.

*I'm not that experienced, I'm just recommending what you do.

I would have well done that, but I have a set of beliefs deep rooted within me, one of which states that I cannot approach a girl first. This rule contradicts my inbuilt character. I could do other methods like letting friends introduce me to girls etc. My brother is in St. Petersburg in another university some kilometers away, and he has many girls. I am considering moving there, so he can hook me up with some girls.
    Also the girls here in Russia are too difficult or something wrong with them. As none of them even looks at me despite the fact that I am cute (to Ugandan girls and American girls). British girls (or at least those in London) were also rude and completely ignoring me. I grew up in Uganda and I am used to the technique of letting my looks attract and mesmerise girls. Unfortunately this did not work in London and Russia.

If you keep doing what you've always been doing, you'll keep getting what you've always got!

Or something like that :-)

Do different things, or things differently, or else you risk the insanity of expecting different outcomes from doing the same things over and over again.

Of course, eventually you may well get the "different outcome" you seek, but you'll need patience and the fact that you are here discussing it tells me you want to speed things up a little... ;-)

All the best to you,

Michael
    undoabreakup.com

sadie_genie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Sir, there are a few approaches a man can take to getting a woman. At least from what I can tell.

One is to be ohysically, naturally hot. You either have this or you don't. I'm guessing you don't.

The other is to be average looking or better and be a jackass douchebag. This will make you appear hot. Loud and obnoxious, confrontational, arrogant, prone to bullying. You either have this personality type or you don't. I'm guessing you don't.

The last is to get a lot of money. Girls like guys with money. Get yourself a new luxury sports car every few years. Live in a big house in a nice neighborhood.

A really last option is to be old fashioned and traditional. Find a religious girl who wants to wait until marriage for that special someone, who isn't actually special.
    You forgot the last one: have a sense of humor : )

I was in the same situation as you and I must admit that it was very hard. I didn't know what to do and I was very frustrated. The answer is to get out there and takes things in your control. You need to learn how to approach women. I learned it. It took me more than half a year to get good. And don't tell me that you don't know what to say when you approach a woman. Here, use this for the start pickuplinesblog.com . But later, you have to think of your own lines. With time, you won't need any help. Just approach as many women as you can

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12