+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I being used?

Am I being used?

I recently met this girl through friends and I drove her with my friends to get ice cream then drove her home. This was a Friday. During the car ride, I thought, at least, that we hit it off. She put her number in my phone and the conversation was entertaining. The Sunday night, I texted her and joked around with her. Somehow we joked about me driving her to school and well I did so. I walked her to her locker and class, and she opened up about her issues with moving. I was wary of this becoming habit and I didn't want to simply be her chauffeur. Today, the day after, I didn't offer to drive her and she didnt ask me. At the end of the day she texted me and we talked again, mindless conversation. Now she joked around about me driving her again. It might just be the way I think, but I'm conscious in case she is using me for a ride. We met very very recently, so I may be thinking about this too early on, but what would be a good way to test it? Thanks for the help.
    Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

She might be joking about getting a ride for several reasons. The two most likely are: a) she's using you so she doesn't have to take the bus b) she enjoys spending time with you.

So, the best way to see is to ask her to spend time with you besides having you drive her around. Offer to go for a walk or grab a bite to eat near school/her house, so no driving is required.

Let her know that you won`t be able to use your car for a week or so and see if she still texts you. Simple as that

Or, just don't worry about it. You only met this girl an hour ago. Who knows what she is thinking yet. The facts are that you like talking to her and she seems to like talking to you. You have a car. Use that to your advantage. Ask her out. Take her to the movies. Talk to her, relax, and let things happen.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!