+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Answers Needed!

Answers Needed!

I started a blog about relationships and I decided to write a kind of interview post about worst breakups. Since "breakup" is a very lonely, but popular experience, this post is meant to help people going through it. If you want to help me, post a reply telling me about:
    Worst breakup experience
    How did you get over it?
    How soon did you recover?

Thank you

Worst breakup experience: This woman answered my best friend's classified ad and sent him a picture, but he thought she was more my type, so he gave me her picture and number. I went out with her a few times and thought we had great chemistry. The morning of our fourth date (which she strongly hinted would include sex), I got a phone call that my grandfather had died. I called her immediately to re-schedule for the following weekend, then packed a bag and drove to my grandmother's house. When I got back in town after the funeral, I was still sad, because he was a really great guy and a war hero. Also, I now had a cold. On my answering machine was a message from the woman, asking to re-schedule for Sunday afternoon, which seemed odd. On Sunday, she broke up with me at a busy sidewalk cafe, telling me that she met another guy and slept with him. I was tired, sick and sad, and unexpectedly starting crying. It was ridiculous, I hadn't even known her for a month. Then she told me that she was going to experiment with being a lesbian for a while. I asked her if maybe we could do a threesome some time, and she said no. She said that we could be friends, but moved and changed her phone number within days.

How I got over it: I decided to give the blind dating thing a try, and met an interesting woman that shared some of my interests.

How soon did I recover: About a month.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Thanks Vincenzo and sorry for your bad experience and for the death of your grandfather.