+ Follow This Topic

Thread: the ' hard ' quest

the ' hard ' quest

Me and my boyfriend lives both in a other country, he just recently moved and I got a text out of nowhere from him saying: do you want to marry me? I was surprised by the question, it was at 5 o’clock in the night and totally unexpected. I took the time to think about it because when its 5 in the night you are supposed to sleep. The next morning I replied saying: of course you know I want to marry you but isn’t it hard regarding our situation now, I mean we live separated now. It just seems to be not so smart to do it. He lives in Sweden now because he is starting a company there, and he told me he asked me that because he saw a show where a man started a business and that made the relationship with his woman hard. So he got afraid to lose me and texted me that out of sacredness I think. Well we know each other for 1.5 years now, but still it seems to quick, and living apart you will never know what will happen. I love him with all my heart, and I would do anything for him. But I feel ignorant if I marry him already. Shouldn’t you first have to live with each other and then pop the big question? He kind of forgot he asked me because he didn’t told me again, well he did reply on my text saying: It don’t mean that I want to marry you now but still.
    We are very close, but it seems far too early for the big question don’t you think?
    I hope he kind of forgot the question because knowing myself I won’t ever say no because I love him too much. Yes love makes you blind of the consequences I know.

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Don't get married till you have solid plans to actually physically be together. It's ok to get married before actually together, not ok if you don't know when you'll be together.