+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Delete all the digital picture you have of your?

Delete all the digital picture you have of your?

In an other thread (Julie's) people recommend her to delete -everything- that reminds her of her ex, incl. photos.

But guys, I still have (real) photos of my exes in a box somewhere and I like to look at it so once every 8 years. I am afraid if I delete all the digital photos, I regret later... It is like deleting a part of your life, even it was a hellish one.

I really want to delete all of his photos, but I might regret it, so fear is what's keeping me from deleting. But I feel so sick that it would be better to get rid of it.

(i just found out he changed his status on FB....kdeng ... reality hits again...)

Yea. I think you shouldn't delete it. It's all the fun, sweet, and happy memories we both had together. It's priceless.

Delete them. Unless you are getting back together it will help you move on and focus on someone else entirely. And, if you were dating a guy you really liked would you want to find pictures of his ex in a box somewhere? Either way, it just might open a can of worms later.

what I do with digital photos I don't want to delete yet I bury them deep in documents folders under a very obscure name so I'm not thinking about it, but I'm not just forgetting what might end up being an important time in my life. And with photoshop you can just take that sucker right out ;p

when my boyfriend and i broke up recently i took everything in the apartment that reminded me of him and put in a storage tote, out of sight and out of mind. Slowly but surely I'm starting to grab a few things here and there out of the tote that no longer ellicit any emotion. There's photos in there from our trip to Malayasia. I don't feel like it's right to throw those away. That was an experience to be remembered even if he is no longer a part of my life.

I guess what I'm saying is I don't think it's wrong to keep photos, but I keep them out of sight and out of mind, and if I had a boyfriend do the same (with the exception of like... nude photos) I would understand that whether or not it's revelant now... it still happened.

You don't trash your prom photos just because you're not still with your prom date do you? I feel like it's the same concept.
    Ted, how do I explain this to you. Last night, I ate the best cake of my life. Do you think I'm gonna let that cake out of my life? Hell no. I'm gonna find out what bakery made that cake and I'm gonna get some more cake.

I would delete them. You don't have to have photos or mementos of a past love to remember the good times. You will have memories of good times here & there to remember when you may need or want to.

What I did with my ex's stuff he gave me, pics, etc.?? I kept them for I think about 6 months after I really did get over him. I did box them up right after he wanted out of the relationship as I didn't want any reminds anywhere in my house of him. Then I put the box deep down in my closet, kept it for about 6 months. When I did some Spring cleaning in the house, I came across the box & wouldn't you know that was the first thing to get dumped in a big old trash bag. It felt really good too!

Seganomics, what if you have picture of a periode that was absolute a hell?
    The thing is, you tend to keep the pics of good moments and throw away the one of bad moments. But this way you emphasize the good memories and ignore the bad ones.

I kept pics of old exes because they didn't do me 'harm', but the last one was... mmm... insulting and hurtful.
    Last edited by Love&Life; 25-03-11 at 10:50 PM.

What I do with digital photos that I don't really want to have around but can't bring myself to delete, I zip them all up into one big file, bury it deep on a usb key and then put that key with the rest of my lost memory stuff. It's such a pain in the ass to dig it up and unzip everything that I know I won't go looking for them but at least I won't regret deleting what was once a beautiful relationship.

robFord, this is a good idea.. zip them and put it on external memorystick...

If it’s a memory worth keeping your mind will keep it without something tangible to assist.

Your brain is something far superior to any computer and/or technology we have.

If it’s worth keeping "you" will hold onto it, picture or no picture.

If you need to delete it your brain will do that for you too.
    Maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I do not know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Love&Life View Post
    Seganomics, what if you have picture of a periode that was absolute a hell?
    The thing is, you tend to keep the pics of good moments and throw away the one of bad moments. But this way you emphasize the good memories and ignore the bad ones.

I kept pics of old exes because they didn't do me 'harm', but the last one was... mmm... insulting and hurtful.
    I had a boyfriend that was less than friendly and it was a very painful time during and after the breakup... however I did keep a few photos from that time because they were of events that we both happened to be at. It reminds me that it wasn't all bad and now I look at those time very fondly now that enough time has pass.
    Ted, how do I explain this to you. Last night, I ate the best cake of my life. Do you think I'm gonna let that cake out of my life? Hell no. I'm gonna find out what bakery made that cake and I'm gonna get some more cake.