+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do guys like to know the girls they like like them?

Do guys like to know the girls they like like them?

Just enquiring, do guys like to know the girls they like like them? Will it boost their ego? But for the girls the hint is too strong and just don't know how to face up to guys naturally once that's done. Because that's embrassing.

I don't understand half of what you are saying, but it does sound like an ego boost.

I bet that I would love that. Sorry, but I can't comprehend the last few sentences.

What I mean for the last few sentences is: If the hint given by the girl is too clear, it will be very embrassing for the girl and she will have a hard time facing/talking naturally to the guy.

I am talking about guys in general. Do they like to find out the girls they like like them as well?

How will guys react when they hear "you are hurting me" and the girl gets so angry because the guy did something wrong? Will they become resentful, feel guilty, not good enough, run away, pull away, feel distant, feel scared to get into a relationship with the girl that has heightened emotions so that he can run away from being blamed?
    Last edited by happycow; 30-03-11 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by happycow View Post
    What I mean for the last few sentences is: If the hint given by the girl is too clear, it will be very embrassing for the girl and she will have a hard time facing/talking naturally to the guy.
    Yeah well, that happens to guys too, so if you want something, go for it.

I am talking about guys in general. Do they like to find out the girls they like like them as well?
    Again, ego boost. Males and females aren't that different, we are not different species, you know?

How will guys react when they hear "you are hurting me" and the girl gets so angry because the guy did something wrong? Will they become resentful, feel guilty, not good enough, run away, pull away, feel distant, feel scared to get into a relationship with the girl that has heightened emotions so that he can run away from being blamed?
    Depending on your closeness to him and what the "thing he did wrong" is, it may make him think you a drama queen and therefor lose any interest he has on you, or ... feel bad I guess?

Then it's same for both sexes I suppose, everybody is different though. Then again, I can't think of a situation where clarity would have any drawbacks...

I'm only one guy and I don't know about feelings of others. Maybe the women in here have experience of several guys reaction which would indicate how they felt. How would you feel in the situation?

Depends a lot on the situation, person and the relationship.
    He doesn't know what you are angry about -> not good enough, frustration, people with low self esteem will probably feel quilty, confident people would feel angry, possibly resentful
    He knows but doesn't think he did anything wrong -> pull away, resentful, frustration again
    He knows and is sorry -> likely doesn't feel good enough, quilty

I think I understand what you're trying to say. Me as a guy, I would like to know if the girl likes me, but then that would spoil my skill to conquer her. If I knew that I was going to win the lottery, I would like that so that I can relax instead of working on my own to find out the winning numbers. So, I would rather not want to find out if the gilr likes me because I would just get too lazy trying to persuit her.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Girls and guys are not so different in this respect. I think everyone likes being liked. Knowing that someone likes you is an ego boost and often a good way for a guy to get over the fear of asking a girl out. You just have to be careful that that is not the ONLY reason why the guy would ask someone out. It is really a strong boost to the ego and often times people confuse that feeling for actual romantic feelings.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!