+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: She wants me to "miss her" whenever she isnt there......!!!!

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer05 View Post
    Thanks, awsome response!!!

Im gonna take her out tomoz during the day, we can both take a day off work... cos we have an internet company.... ill take her to an art gallery, i know she likes that.

I definately see where your coming from.... i have to start recognising her needs more..

Thanks for the responses, i hope it helps

Josh M
    Goodluck and one time doesn't count. This should be a ongoing continuing effort. Me thinks if she feels satisfied and loved in this way she won't be begging for you to tell her she misses you. So take her out, have fun and know that she feels loved and won't be whining about something petty like a night out where you DON'T miss her.

lol...., sorry, i mean Laugh Out Loud....(Tomorrow)

Yup there ya go...DRAMA! This is what you get with 20 year olds......dude just lie to keep her happy...this is something you just have to do at times to keep the wife happy....you most certainly are never going to tell her she looks fat in that dress right? So just buy her some flowers, write her some poetry and treat her to a chick flick.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Yup there ya go...DRAMA! This is what you get with 20 year olds......dude just lie to keep her happy...this is something you just have to do at times to keep the wife happy....you most certainly are never going to tell her she looks fat in that dress right? So just buy her some flowers, write her some poetry and treat her to a chick flick.
    Seriously? That sounds like such a bad plan...

Lol you just have to lie to your wife when she asks did you miss me you say yeah every second or of course i did she doesn't have to know that you didn't realise. Why make waves where waves didn't need to be made its not a big lie either its not like you didn't want to come home to her or anything.

Its such a little thing for her to get annoyed over. Was it that time of month? haha cause its not marriage ending stuff

Good thing someone noted this is your wife. If it was your gf I would respond a lot differently.

You gotta get along. Tell her you miss her and then do something really nice for her. Just make her feel like she matters at least one night a week. That isn't too much to ask???

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    Seriously? That sounds like such a bad plan...
    Ya the ladies like romance, and to feel appreciated.... you have to keep it up in order to keep them quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by reeba View Post
    Good thing someone noted this is your wife. If it was your gf I would respond a lot differently.

You gotta get along. Tell her you miss her and then do something really nice for her. Just make her feel like she matters at least one night a week. That isn't too much to ask???
    Agreed. When it comes to keeping the peace you have to tell them what they want to hear even though you don't agree. Anyways when she gets in her 30's it will change....she will be glad to get you go out to poker night with the guys so she can have time to herself. As they call it, getting you out of her hair for awhile.

It may seem like a good plan to just lie and avoid the issue entirely. And certainly in the short term that may well work. But I am assuming that you hope to be married for the rest of your lives, which is something like 60 more years? If so, you would be better served by practicing the tools of good communication now, setting up good habits of communication now. Ten years from now, you will reap what you sow now. Would you prefer, in ten years, to work through challenges you face together as a trusting team with a history and habit of talking about even the tough topics and working through stuff together? Or face those same challenges with a long habit of saying whatever you think the other person wants to hear and resenting them for making requests that feel unfair, with a history of little lies so thick that neither of you really trusts the other and a tendency to withdraw emotionally when a difficult topic or disagreement arises? Your choice, but I know which way I would lean, and I have now tried it both ways.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's the leaky bucket syndrome.

Women are like leaky buckets.

Not matter what you do, no matter how big or small it all equates to the same cup of water you pour into her leaky bucket.

But over time, of course, that water will leak out of that bucket. Sure, you'll remember all the wonderful grand things you've done for her, but women don't function logically, and you're right they forget very quickly.

The sooner you both understand this the better. You need to pour water into her bucket constantly. Small gestures are more efficient, because you will not get more points for bigger gestures, as guys would like to think.

Now this may seem one sided, but by keeping my woman happy, I get home made meals and cookies, and sex just about whenever I want it, however I want it, so it's a trade off. She's happy, and I'm happy. Not saying that she's not being a bit unreasonable here in her demands, but I think if you both sit down and discuss you should be able to find a middle ground. I mean you've dated for 4 years prior (although that made you very young), you should have some foundation of good communication.

Sometimes honest communication doesn't work......some rather want to be told what they want to hear...ignorance is bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Sometimes honest communication doesn't work......some rather want to be told what they want to hear...ignorance is bliss.
    It is not fair to make that judgement when honest communication has not even been tried. It's lazy to assume that rather than do the real work to communicate.

He was honest with her....he told her he didn't miss her and was confused by her snippy unrealistic demanding behaviour, (damn drama queen). She is the one that didn't communicate with him properly not him. Stupid hyperactive woman, expecting him to read her mind. He could have diffused the situation instantly by lying or should I say played along that he missed her too. She would have been off, happily going about her day.

I've been in a relationship for over 21 years....there's a delicate balance of good communication, and making little white lies to keep the peace. Sometime you have to keep your mouth shut and let it go. BTW I'm a 47 year old woman...not some disgruntle dude that hates my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    It's the leaky bucket syndrome.

Women are like leaky buckets.

Not matter what you do, no matter how big or small it all equates to the same cup of water you pour into her leaky bucket.

But over time, of course, that water will leak out of that bucket. Sure, you'll remember all the wonderful grand things you've done for her, but women don't function logically, and you're right they forget very quickly.

The sooner you both understand this the better. You need to pour water into her bucket constantly. Small gestures are more efficient, because you will not get more points for bigger gestures, as guys would like to think.

Now this may seem one sided, but by keeping my woman happy, I get home made meals and cookies, and sex just about whenever I want it, however I want it, so it's a trade off. She's happy, and I'm happy. Not saying that she's not being a bit unreasonable here in her demands, but I think if you both sit down and discuss you should be able to find a middle ground. I mean you've dated for 4 years prior (although that made you very young), you should have some foundation of good communication.
    I agree with what Frasbee says. you need to keep filling her bucket, it doesn't matter it's big cup or small. Sometimes men will think they just recently bought her some expensive gift, why she is upset again. You don't have to always think of the big and expensive things to fill. Because women count all of them as same. The consistence is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Save yourself the trouble and just tell her you miss her.
    Exactly what I was going to say. If your only our for a few hours, than she's just a bit insecure that's all. Tell her you do miss her, and maybe tell her you love her a bit more often, make her feel more confident about herself and your relationship.

Well that is assuming she is just insecure, because if she isn't there there is only one possible explanation...she's a bunny-boiler! And if that's the case, RUN! GET THE **** OUT OF THERE BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast