+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My girlfriend is sad ?

My girlfriend is sad ?

My girlfriend has been feeling sad and she feels like crying but she doen't want to. What can I do to make her feel better ? What should I say to her ?

Need a bit more information. What's bothering her?

Generally speaking, getting her out of the house can help. Take her out on a nice date, a walk in the park or something. Tell her how much you care about her, and remind her how much you love her smile. Do your best to make her smile and laugh, tell jokes, give her compliments...

Organize a surprise party for her with all of her closest friends and relatives. If she's been sad for a while this will be a great way to perk her up! She'll be so surprised and appreciate all the effort that you put into it! Having all the people she cares the most about there will remind her that there are wonderful things about this world and give her something to feel happy about.

If she has chronic depression or anxiety, though, it's best to see if maybe she wants to visit a counselor, too, as she might have some problems with her brain chemicals that cause her to feel badly all the time.
    Make yourself happy and don't focus on making your lover happy. Your lover will be happy to see you happy. Allow them to make them-self happy so you can be happy seeing them happy. If they are not happy seeing you happy, or you are not happy seeing them happy, then it's time to leave each other and find that happiness elsewhere. Life is too short to bother with any other emotion for longer than absolutely necessary.
    -Shela Aetherius

She keeps having nightmares about me cheating on her.

she sounds like she making shit up to me.. wants you to reassure her of some things... does she have low self esteem?

She told me about it and it was scary too.

A good way to combat nightmares is to draw pictures of what you'd rather see happen. Like if you have nightmares about being chased, you draw pictures of you with a very fast car or something which will cause you to outrun your pursuer in the nightmares.

Have her draw pictures of you two together, in love, with no other people around. More detail is best, even if she's not that great of an artist. This will cause her dreams to be about the two of you happily together instead of nightmares about you cheating on her.
    Make yourself happy and don't focus on making your lover happy. Your lover will be happy to see you happy. Allow them to make them-self happy so you can be happy seeing them happy. If they are not happy seeing you happy, or you are not happy seeing them happy, then it's time to leave each other and find that happiness elsewhere. Life is too short to bother with any other emotion for longer than absolutely necessary.
    -Shela Aetherius

She's very emotional and she cries a lot she even cries when I tell her I love her. I hold her and tell her not to cry but last night she woke up crying. She's scared to go back to sleep.
    Last edited by vanhelsing; 03-04-11 at 10:13 AM.