+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I want to call her.

I want to call her.

I its been 4 days since things ended with my gf, she wanted space and I decided that in order to get real "space" we had to break up. She was ok with this, and we haven't talked since.

Its the first weekend since we ended, and although I got through the week ok knowing she was at work and busy, I started to heal. Now I want more than anything to call her on this Friday night to see what she is doing! Its like a whole new wave of emotions that I thought I was over.

Any advice to avoid this? I've made plans for the entire weekend to keep busy, but right now I want nothing more than to pick up the phone and make the call.

Don't call her.

I know this seems impossible at the moment as I am going through the same thing. I want to call my guy as feel there are things that I need to explain, but in my situation, there is no point, I always get drawn into long conversations that end in him blaming me for everything again and I come out of them feeling like crap.

Your situation seems slightly different but you still need to resist the urge to contact her in any way. Keeping busy is a great way to do this but I know what it's like when you're home alone in the evening and thinking how if things had turned out well you might be out with them now...and then you start to convince yourself that maybe they are thinking this too...and maybe they want to speak to you....and if you just call them things might be better....NO, STOP! You need to leave it and give her space and wait and see if she contacts you. In my situation, continually trying to contact my guy and trying to speak to him has only pushed him further away. He is not interested at the moment. I do not 100% understand why but I have realised that trying to work out why will only drive me crazy. He is getting on with his life and I need to do the same, and so do you.

I don't mean that to sound harsh, but she will contact you if she wants and if she doesn't, she wasn't the one for you, you'll find someone else.

A tactic that seems to work for me at the moment, is if I feel like I want to contact my guy, I have to do something else first - anything, the washing, go to the supermarket, call a friend, clean the bathroom, go for a run.....it doesn't matter what but do something else for at least half an hour and so far once I have done that activity I haven't felt the need to talk to him anymore! And then I do something else and before I know it the whole day has gone and I didn't talk to him.

It's tough I know but be strong!

Same her, don't call her. You decided to give her space by breaking up, don't crawl back. It's really hard, we all know that... don't give in. It is in your system to contact her, like an addiction, go cold turkey!

Don't contact her at all bro. I'm in the same situation, I have been going NC for 3 days, and sometimes I get such a urge to call her, but I promised myself I won't do it even if my house was on fire. Try to do something else, like everyone said. Talk to someone else, play a game, watch a movie. Try to get a nap ?. Do something that you enjoyed to do before you knew her for example. Stay strong my friend!

If you don't call her, I won't call mine. It's killing me but we will make it through this.