+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do guys want to be friends with thier ex girlfriends

I guess it all depends on how the relationship ended and what kind of guy he is. If my relationship ended on good terms, I think I would still want to be friends. I have invested a lot in my partner and we have left our marks on each other. It would make me sad to think that could all just end in one foul swoop.

I'm a guy and for me it depends a lot on how it ended and also who did it. If I was the one to break the relationship I wouldn't get back with you. I took time to think a lot over it before breaking our relationship. If it was you I probably still have feelings for you.
    I'm not friends with any of my ex girlfriends because I don't wanna give anyone false hope. I wouldn't mind being friends with my first one though for 2 reasons. 1. She was a great friend 2. I know I got over her long time back and wouldn't flirt with her and ruin my chances with other girls.
    So I think I prefer not being friends with an ex simply because I will never be their man again, well unless I still have strong feelings for them. In that case I will make it very clear to them.

MrE is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Man, some people are so cynical! Maybe he genuinely wants to be friends? I have an ex that is a friend and she isn't a backup, used for casual sex, or anything like that. We did leave on good terms though.

I agree with beying friends with exs after a while not the day after the break up.

But why would he use me for sex after we broken up? guys can get sex anytime anywhere

the difference is me and him did not end on good terms. i dont believe in being friends with your exes, unless there is a child involved or you have FULLY gotten over that person. he thought i was lying when i said i couldnt be friends cos it just wouldnt work. but he kept insisting until i told him no. now he is with someone else, so does he think i would have handled that well? he clearly doesnt know how much i am in love with him

Quote Originally Posted by SarahA View Post
    But why would he use me for sex after we broken up? guys can get sex anytime anywhere
    Yeah, we can get sex anytime anywhere, but then it tends to cost money. With you, all he had to do was pick up the phone.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

LOL I dont mean get a prostitute. but then it implies the lack of respect he has for me if he was to ever to call me for that

It's not always about sex.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12