+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Potential boyfriend, or just friends with benefits?

Potential boyfriend, or just friends with benefits?

I've been good friends with this guy that lives in my dorms for about 3 months now. About a month ago I admitted that I liked him a little more than a friend. Recently we've started hanging out everyday. We study together, eat together, go to class together, and go out to parties together. We've had sex from time to time at night, usually a little intoxicated. He has never told me in person that he likes me, and we have never hooked up sober, but I do know that he is a very shy/reserved type of guy. He has only had sex with his girlfriends except for me. He told my roommate that it took him 7 months to ask his last girlfriend if she wanted to be in a relationship with him. Do you think this guy has feelings for me as more than a friend, and is just scared to get too infatuated yet? Or do you think this guy really enjoys being just friends?? Any input helps!!

Impossible to say without you talking to him. There is just not enough information to judge. Be honest about your feelings and realize that you may have to break up with him for your own good. There is a definitely possible that you will get more and more attached while he only sees you as a friend/booty call.

Quote Originally Posted by sylviaplath View Post
    Do you think this guy has feelings for me as more than a friend, and is just scared to get too infatuated yet?
    It's quite possible. How about you?

maybe you're bring too accessible to him. be less open and see how he reacts. for now it sounds like hes taking advantage of your willingness to be a friend with benefits.

Just ask him out, if he says he doesn't want to you'll have your answer. If "no" is his answer, and you don't find out, things will only get harder for you as time passes, and at best things will end with hurt feelings.

Just ask him yourself....all we can do is guess, so the rest is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's quite possible. How about you?
    Just to make it clear, by "How about you?" I mean "Do you have feelings for him?" rather than what do you think about his feelings.
    On the other hand it doesn't change what you should do much. If you have feelings, you should try to find out his stance (by talking to him, not asking an internet forum). If you don't care about him and suspect him having feelings, talk to him and make it clear that nothing is going to happen.