+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he interested or am I reading into it too much?

Is he interested or am I reading into it too much?

Okay here goes, it will be long winded but I need to know once and for all, Im really losing my patience.

About 5 months ago a new tenant moved into our house, hes very handsome and I was attracted to him instantly.
    Initially there was alot of flirting between us and one day he ended up sleeping in the same bed as me. He did want sex but I refused.
    After this encounter I completely backed off as I didnt intend to mislead him in any way. However he continued to be sexual around me and at one time I snapped and told him in angst amongst other things I felt violated with his behaviour. He left the house and didnt return for a few days, upon his arrival we greeted each other and didnt really speak of the conflict we had.
    Since that day, he has been very respectful, and recently (past month) he started hanging out with me again from time to time. (Mind you he has never asked me out, hanging out is usually in the house), amongst serious conversations we had a talk and I made clear I was not interested in casual sexual encounters and prefer to spend time with a person before anything progresses further. He said he respected that and when he felt ready to commit, he would definitely try and work with me. This to me seemed okay so I left it at that.
    Since then he has become very respectful and open about himself, the other day I had a picture on my blackberry and he messaged me saying the following "that is one of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen" He even told me in person FOUR times (lol) and he showed his mother and sister my picture too. Now obviously I will get the wrong impression here.

Prior to this he has said "If I was ready to settle down, you would be the perfect wife for me".

Since last week Ive noticed further changes, hes being attentive, noticing little details and being generally nice.
    The other evening I put candles on the stairs and offered to light them up for him to see how beautiful it looked. He said no and started rummaging in his pockets. He said he was looking for a lighter so he can light them up as he walks up the stairs for me. Deep down I was very impressed/touched but out of reflex I shrugged it off and said "nm" and lit them myself.
    Could I have possibly put him off?
    Since then hes been busy (I assume), its coming to two weeks hes hardly home but he never responds to my text messsages either.

Makes me wonder, does he only talk to me/spend time with me when hes bored?
    Am I looking into things too much?
    Also I will be honest, Im very bad at picking up signals and I also dont give out many signals either, im very protective over my feelings.

Also he has a "needs" buddy currently.

The bigger question is why do you want a guy like that? From the sound of things you have good values. He obviously into casual sex and even has a booty call he contacts. Not to mention it was creepy of him to try and get sex from you. It's not only disrespectful, can you truly trust he'll be faithful to you if you settle with him? He just wants to get into your pants, once he gets it, he'll move on.

Infact, if Im completely honest, I feel silly right now because I cant answer your question.
    You are right and Im aware of this but I dont know why Im so drawn to him. He has very admirable qualities and we have alot in common but his "sexual" lifestyle does not appeal to me at all and yet I keep disregarding it whereas I know this will be the base of all our problems if we ever were in a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by silence_key View Post
    Infact, if Im completely honest, I feel silly right now because I cant answer your question.
    You are right and Im aware of this but I dont know why Im so drawn to him.
    I already know that. That's why I ask. You don't have to answer it actually because I already know why you are drawn to him. He knows that too. He knows how to push girls buttons. He's good. Just like some girls are very good at seducing guys, he is good at seducing girls. But does it mean if a girl seduce me, do i have to act on my desires? Nope. My values comes first. It will be a constant battle for you since you're not quite aware of this process yourself. You might cave in or you might not... in any case, I can tell you this, he'll use you and leave you afterwards. And if you do fall for him and can't leave him, you'll end up being one of his booty calls.

I known this is a male forum, but I'm a woman. I saw this post and had to respond.
    Here's one of the best advices I've got of late: If you ever have to guess if a man is into you, he isn't. That's just the truth.

Plus, him telling you that he's not "ready to settle", is just bull crap. If he found something he didn't wanna lose, he wouldn't just leave her hanging. He would go get it and not let it go. Like Bonfire said, he just seems like he's a good womanizer. Let him go, hun and make sure you stand your ground.

And who ignores text messages if you really liked someone? That disrespectful and he doesn't care enough about you to spend 5 seconds sending a response.

I know my post sounds harsh, but I know you knew all this all along.

Hey for what it's worth, I have the douchebag syndrome as well - I fall for them all the time. Or maybe there are just one too many of them around.
    Last edited by whatthis; 05-04-11 at 11:06 AM.

I agree with the post above. Sorry he is more interested in having sex with you. He first tried to have sex with you then discovered that you are not that easy. Now he's taken another route to get there. He doesn't sound like someone you will be happy with even if you get in a relationship with him.
    Nothing to do with you. He just isn't that type. As a man if I'm really interested in a woman I'd do anything to win her heart before someone else does. A guy's really into you, you know it. The message is always loud and clear. Well unless he is extremely shy with some low self esteem which this guy clearly isn't.
    Now it's up to you. You really want him? Go for it. But remember you'll never be the same girl again.

hey guys

Absolutely none of you are being harsh.
    The straight talking method is the only that works with so I appreciate it alot.

I think you guys are correct, I am looking way too much into it.
    I think the fact that we live together and he around alot make it harder for me but ALAS good news. (well not really, im kind of upset)

Hes moving out by the end of this week. I think personally this is great, I will miss his presence and the "good" times so to speak but generally for my emotional wellbeing, this is great.
    He's asked to stay in contact which is fine but atleast I will be more aware from now onwards and wont feel pressured because we live under the same roof.