+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What am I doing wrong?

What am I doing wrong?

I went to a little boy's birthday party cause I was invited by his mother. There were some guys my age by themselves there. The party was held in a small trailer and it was hard not to bump into the guys. It hurt when they wouldn't talk to me. They would kinda smile and I would to (smile). I even made some eye contact with them and they still wouldn't talk to me. I even went out on the trailer's deck by myself and a guy came out with me and he didn't talk to me. It makes me feel ugly cause I hear all the time about girls getting asked for their numbers by guys at parties or anywhere.

I made it clear I was easy to approach... and the bad thing is-- the is happens all time when I'm out. What should I make of this situation? Advice please... thanks!!

I had a female friend told me once that when she was shy and kept to herself, she hardly got any attention from guys. Then she change her approach and she started going up to guys and meet them. She say instantly she got more attention and more dates. My friend isn't bad looking either. She is married now. Some guys are afraid to approach girls so it might not have anything to do with the way you look. In fact, if a girl is really HOT, guys are even more afraid to talk to them. Funny right? Yea, so make it easy on the boys too and help them out by initiating contact. I always tell female friends of mine, if a guy is good at approaching them, then you can bet he has approach many. Don't think you want that type of guy, the good ones are most often the quiet ones.

Guys started talk to me when I started to stop care about wether they would ask me out or not... Have you seen A walk to Remember? It is beautiful and might give you some perspective. Always remember that you don't really need to depend on anyone else for contact, just create it yourself. Sometimes I feel like sitting at home eating nudles and watching South Park by myself on Saturday nights and that makes me just as happy as some guy coming on to me, if not more (I call it soul search haha) So... just relax =) there is nothing wrong with you what so ever. One can't be everyones cup of tea, it doesn't work that way.

Confidence is a huge turn-on for both men and women. I agree that you should approach guys as well and not just wait for guys to approach you. It will boost your confidence level (seeing the reaction you get), which in turn should increase your being hit on by guys.

There could be some issue with your body language (i.e. putting off some form of "stay away" resistance even if you don't mean to), but without video of the event, I couldn't say for sure.

I would also caution you not to look for dating partners at a little boy's birthday party. It is quite possible that the guys there thought it was in a little bit of bad taste to make a move on a woman at a little boy's party.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Sometimes girls are too pretty and therefore too scary to approach =)