+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What can I do???

What can I do???

There is a guy that I have known for many many years. We have a past, we have a history. We lost touch for some time, talked once in a while. We always seemed to be drawed back to each other. About a year and a half ago my boyfriend and I spit up. This friend of mine ended up texting me out of the blue, and things went from there. (I'm single, no harm done lol) When we are together things are amazing. I am so comfortable around him, I can talk to him about anything. He told me he feels the same. He has shared secrets with me that he has never told anyone else. We laugh, and have a great time, everytime we are around each other. He compliments me all the time, and makes me feel great about myself. I'm crazy about him. I have been for the last 8 years. Even when we lose touch, as soon as I get that message or text from him, all thoes feelings come flooding back. I have always wanted more than what we had. I have wanted to make it offical and have a relationship with him.

A few months ago though, we started to lose touch again. Just once in a while we would chat. I started repairing things with my ex and we ended up getting back together. Being back with him though just didnt seem right, I just couldnt get this friend of mine out of my head... As always, this friend and I were drawn back together and started chatting again. He was honest with me and told me that he was seeing someone. During a convorsation one evening, we were talking about how we miss seeing each other and spending time. So we ended up deciding to hang out one evening. I went to his place to watch a movie as friends... The whole night there was tension between both of us. I knew that both of us wanted to touch eachother, kiss each other, but niether one of us did anything. (Which is probably good.) It was getting pretty late and I asked him if he wanted me to go so he could get some sleep. (He had to work early the next day) He told me no... When I decided that it was time for me to leave and started getting ready to go, he kept hugging me and holding on to me. He told me that it sucked cause he wanted me, but couldnt have me. I felt the exact same way... We have been talking everyday since this night, and are making plans to see each other again.

My question is, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?!?! He knows how I feel, and unless I'm oblivious, I'm pretty sure he feels the same. Why is it like this, and why doesnt he just be with me??

It sounds like you two have a decision to make. And it is one you should make together. Either be with each other and commit to one another or resign yourself to only being friends forever. It is not going to be an easy decision, nor is it going to be an easy conversation, but it is one that you both have to have. It is only fair to you both and your significant others. I wish I had better advice, but if this has been the feeling for 8 years now, it isn't going away and needs to be dealt with head on.
    Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Your situation seems similar to me and my ex gf, you cant help be drawn to that person and there's that feeling you just don't get with someone else. I say just go for it otherwise you may just end up wasting more time, even if things don't work out, at least you've tried and you wont constantly be wondering what if!