+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need advice in furthering our relationship?

Need advice in furthering our relationship?

Ok, so i've been seeing this girl for around 2 months now, we get on so so well, we've been sexually active pretty much from day one, we see eachother almost everyday, and have just got on really well since meeting.

However, i guess technically we aren't "exclusive" together, making us not 'officially together'

She has a lot of guy friends, close guy friends who she likes to hang out with, alongside my insecurity, i sometimes get a little jealous, even though i know the guys she hangs around with, they aren't bad people out to wreck relationships, but like i say, my paranoyer just gets the best of me sometimes.

Anyway, i've been told by 2 people close to me, that making things official with this girl and taking things further will basically 'come back and bite me on the ass' meaning, it's gunna end badly for me.

As long as i've known her, i'm no even sure if she'd be capable on cheating on me or not, which gives me a question to ask.

Should i just go into an official relationship with this girl, make things exclusive together, or if i have any doubts, should i avoid getting involved to help myself in the long run?

It sounds like you want to go official to allieviate your fears of her cheating. She will still have her guy friends exclusive or not, it doesn't mean as soon as you go exclusive she will hang out with no one other than you. If this is what you're expecting, you're moving the relationship in that direction for the wrong reason.

2 months isn't that long, just keep doing what it takes to make her happy and don't freak out about anything.

The thing about cheating is that if its going to happen, it will happen. Its best not to worry about it if you don't need to or don't have a reason to.

I think you should mention exclusivity to her and if she doesn't jump at the opportunity, start distancing yourself some, don't initiate contact as much, and start going out by yourself more. If you're not exclusive, you shouldn't be giving her your undivided attention. You need to be going after other girls at this point, and it should be easier since you're already getting sex and you won't give off that "desperate, i need to get laid" vibe. I know it doesn't sound like the greatest way to draw someone to you, but it works.