+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do?

What should I do?

I dated this guy for the past few months. This saturday, my student organization is planning a bbq event and I invited him to go, but then he said that his best friend is going to another bbq event. Last night he told me that he will go with me just because he didn't see me last week, but today he asked me to go to this friend's event.

I am sorta required to go to my student org's event because I'm an officer, but I not entirely obligated to go this event. My date is kind of changes his mind a lot. One day he says ok, next day he wants to change plans. I don't want him to think that I am always willing to do what he does because he will think that it's always ok to do what he wants instead of listening or noticing what I want like if I decided to go watch this movie on Friday, he would say yes, and then he would change his mind.

Should I tell him to go to my event instead of his friend's?

He changes hid mind alot or just this one time? Is this something that has happened in the past? I would let him to to his event and pay no mind but if it becomes a habit i would call him out.

Absolutely, you should go to his friend's event. I am not you should make a habit of ignoring your responsibilities, which I take you normally do not. However, it is Spring and

you owe it to yourself to have some fun and some Attention and Quality time with him.

Handle your responsibilities. One day without seeing your bf is not that big of a deal. He sounds like he may be trying to please everybody and is winding up pleasing no one. If this type of behavior continues, definitely talk to him about it. But for now, just do whatever makes you happy. The rest will work itself out.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!