+ Follow This Topic

Thread: any chance for my relationship?

any chance for my relationship?

Hey, my name is Nikand ive been recently dumped. We have together for over 4 years. We were very young when we met. i am 22 and she is 19. I was 17 and she was 15 when we met. We both fell deeply in love and thought of no one else. this past year is her second year of college. she is in a sorority. i was being very insecure this past semester because she was not inviting me to her parties and did not want me around. we started to argue much more because of it and i became more jealous. this lead to some problems but ultimately we were ok...well i thought. we've also had many good times together this semester also and i can count well over 15 memorable times just these past couple months. But out of the blue she tells me she needs time to think about us. She happened to then 2 days later come over and break up with me in person. she told me she was not happy and she does not know why. She needed to live her life and she did want to hurt me anymore. (she was treating me pretty badly which we did fight a bit about and she would realize she is wrong) she said as long as she is in school we cant be together. she also said that there could be something between us in a couple years. i put my all into this relationship and i told her that she didn't and she says "i never said i did" so pls tell what of us. and any possible way to get her back. I love her so much and she said she loved me with all her heart...then why is she going through this, and is there any chance she will come back to me soon. its been over a week now and she has not contacted me once, nor have i contacted her and dont plan to. but i really really want this girl and she means so much to me. do you think she will change her mind and realize what shes missing? anytime soon? plz help
    thanks a lot

dude you are both young.. and trying to figure out what went wrong will drive you crazy.. give it time. If its meant to be it will happen. Best thing to do is to give her space.. a few weeks at least.. its going to be the LONGEST few weeks ever, but you can do it.. just keep busy.

Thx a lot man, Its real tough on me cuz im so confused and we had a lot planned for the next couple months.....no thats all gone..and it kills me. Especially when she told me a week before we broke up that shes inviting me to her formal and to a wedding and bought me tickets and a space...now its all gone..and shell bring someone else....ugh yea immature thoughts but weve grown and matured together and cant believe its happening. but i appreciate the answer and love to hear what other people have to say.

you need to show her you can be OK without her.. and I can guarantee you that she thinks about you as much as you do about her... just give her space... dont look at her facebook, dont text message etc.... it will work out

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    you need to show her you can be OK without her.. and I can guarantee you that she thinks about you as much as you do about her... just give her space... dont look at her facebook, dont text message etc.... it will work out
    thats my plan man..but the facebook part is hard...but i have been reading and listeing to the audio book and ebook "Ex2 system" by Matt Huston. Im going to follow these steps. No contact for a minimum of 4 weeks. and show her though pics and everything on my facebook that im moving on...and hope she contacts me..if not and i change my mind after this process then ill move on or i contact her after 4 weeks. But for now i cant stop thinking of her. Thx again man just your response has made me feel better.

read "the four agreements" thats the book you should be reading.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    read "the four agreements" thats the book you should be reading.
    Hey man I happened to look at her Facebook and there are bunch of pics now with other guys and being flirty and stealing hats and touchy... I'm going crazy... Does this indicate it's over??

Quote Originally Posted by Locka View Post
    Hey man I happened to look at her Facebook and there are bunch of pics now with other guys and being flirty and stealing hats and touchy... I'm going crazy... Does this indicate it's over??
    Maybe, without being able to read her mind our guess is as good as yours.

You really should stop looking at her facebook, it makes healing take way way longer.
    Last edited by Cerby; 20-04-11 at 05:30 AM.

cerby is right.. you need to stop doing that.. and she could be doing it to get a rise out of you.. but your guess is as good as mine.

You guys are right. Im just scared. Not sure what exactly happened to our relationship. My only step is no contact. Act like I'm moving on, and make her jealous and make it seem like I'm doing good without her.. I do want her back and these are steps I've read that seem to be pretty successful. any ideas how to get her back? Besides my plan??

And one more thing to add that I just found out... She broke up with me because of my jealousy.... Only reason I became jealous was because she would not invite me to her school... Ugh so many thoughts and so heart broken. Now I'm thinking is she even worth it??