+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I over analysing my fears?

Am I over analysing my fears?

I have a boyfriend whom I have been living with for 2 years. We get along so well and have so much in common and he treats me like #1. It has been the best relationship I have ever had. However during this relationship we have had our differences and primarily it has been because he was vocal about x girlfriends and experiences he had and he also tended to be a little too vocal about when he saw another girl that looked hot to him. We have discussed this and he has drastically improved which has made our relationship even better. Now the latest problem and most concerning to me is when we go out dancing to a club (which he has had a few instances where he doesn't know his alcohol limits) and he has become overly friendly with other girls. For example once he got friendly with the bar tender and I caught him checking her out and then right after that he caressed her face. When I asked him why he did that he said "I forgot" Also that night he randomly asked me if I would ever give him a 2nd chance. Loaded question isn't it. 2nd chance about what?
    Then last weekend we went out and he had gone over to talk with a work buddy that he noticed around the corner at another table. Shortly after I see him up on the dance floor with another girl. Of course after I immediatley got up and tapped him on the back he turned with suprise and was trying to explain that the girl was his friends wife and they were all there with other couples. Now I am not sure how true all this is
    since he seems to love woman in general and on some occasions more often than I would like I feel he has not been truthful.
    I fear he has cheated or will cheat on me at some point. My heart is sinking. Any advise.

The fact that he is doing these things right in front of you either means: A) he considers it to be innocent and you have nothing to worry about, or B) he is one of the most arrogant jerks in the history of jerkitude.

He knows you get jealous and worry and that is why he has agreed to stop doing those type of things. But if option A is correct above, that is not his natural state. He might just be a big flirt, but could be very loyal to you. Don't think that anyone will only find the person they are with attractive. I think if you ask yourself, you will admit to finding others attractive as well. But your bf could be a very outgoing and flirtatious person. That doesn't mean he is a cheater though. And the fact that he is trying to be respectful of your feelings is a good thing.

However, if option B above is correct, then you should dump him and run away as fast as possible. Don't worry if he has cheated on you or not. He intentionally tries to torture you by rubbing other women in your face (that doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean).

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!